Peter Zauner  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 07:05
Member (2010)
German to English
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Mar 23, 2021

This has now happened two times within three months.
Suddenly and without any obvious warning signs, Across throws a ‘Creation of user identity’ error when I attempt to connect to a customer’s server, making it impossible to connect. In standalone mode everything works fine.

The Across Helpdesk has advised that the reason is a faulty Windows installation, namely a faulty WMI. Re-installing Windows fixed it the first time until it happened again.

Has anyone e
... See more
This has now happened two times within three months.
Suddenly and without any obvious warning signs, Across throws a ‘Creation of user identity’ error when I attempt to connect to a customer’s server, making it impossible to connect. In standalone mode everything works fine.

The Across Helpdesk has advised that the reason is a faulty Windows installation, namely a faulty WMI. Re-installing Windows fixed it the first time until it happened again.

Has anyone else experienced this? What could the reasons for the fault in the WMI be? Is there anything that I could do to prevent it from happening again?

Windows 10 Pro
Version 20H2
OS build 19042.867
Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Across Translator Premium Editionv7.0 14645_en
Package version: 21

Cheers,

Peter
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Creation of User Identity Error

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »