Benefit needs help in E > many languages
இழை இடுபவர்: arschmidt
horse
horse
Local time: 23:51
ஆங்கிலம் - ஜேபனீஸ்
+ ...
Japanese version Oct 23, 2002

Hi. Sorry I didn\'t notice your response to my message.

As for the Japanese, for the short titles it would be exactly the same as the Chinese characters shown since only kanji characters are involved.

One correction though, for PEACE, at least in Japanse, the characters should be switched around, meaning the second one comes first and the first one second like

���a�@�ibut I don\'t know if you can see this on your computer if Japanese is not supported)

... See more
Hi. Sorry I didn\'t notice your response to my message.

As for the Japanese, for the short titles it would be exactly the same as the Chinese characters shown since only kanji characters are involved.

One correction though, for PEACE, at least in Japanse, the characters should be switched around, meaning the second one comes first and the first one second like

���a�@�ibut I don\'t know if you can see this on your computer if Japanese is not supported)

Good luck with your project !
[addsig]
Collapse

Even Eifring
Even Eifring
Local time: 16:51
ஜெர்மன் - நார்வேஜியன்
+ ...
"Humanity" has 2 meanings Oct 25, 2002

As I also mentioned in connection with my corrections for the Norwegian version, the word \"humanity\" has (at least) two meanings in English. One meaning is \"all people on Earth\". As for the other meaning, the explanation that I gave previously was somewhat inaccurate. Webster\'s Dictionary gives this explanation of it: \"the quality of being humane; kindness; benevolence\". For some languages, like Norwegian, you need to choose between the two meanings. The more I look at it, the more certai... See more
As I also mentioned in connection with my corrections for the Norwegian version, the word \"humanity\" has (at least) two meanings in English. One meaning is \"all people on Earth\". As for the other meaning, the explanation that I gave previously was somewhat inaccurate. Webster\'s Dictionary gives this explanation of it: \"the quality of being humane; kindness; benevolence\". For some languages, like Norwegian, you need to choose between the two meanings. The more I look at it, the more certain I get that it is this latter meaning that is needed here. It is the only one that goes well together with the other words that are listed. I therefore think that for all languages that don\'t use the word \"humanity\" in some form (humanité, humanidad etc), translators should check which meaning of \"humanity\" has been chosen.Collapse

lagunali
lagunali
Local time: 08:51
துர்கிஷ் - ஆங்கிலம்
+ ...
Turkish version is not OK Oct 26, 2002

Freedom =OZGURLUK =ÖZGÜRLÜK

You can use Alt Combinations in order to type Turkish characters;

Ö = ALT+0214

Ü = ALT+0220

Love = SEVGI = SEVGÍ

Í = ALT+0205

Understanding = ANLAYIS

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-10-28 12:39 ]

Even Eifring
Even Eifring
Local time: 16:51
ஜெர்மன் - நார்வேஜியன்
+ ...
What happened to the Norwegian translation of "understanding"? Nov 9, 2002

It should be \"forståelse\" (same as Danish), which I think it was in the original text. Now the space has been left empty.

பதிவின் பக்கங்கள்:   < [1 2 3 4]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

இந்த மன்றத்துக்கான மட்டுறுத்துனர்கள்
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Benefit needs help in E > many languages

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »