பதிவின் பக்கங்கள்:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13] >
Off topic: Does anyone else feel this way?
இழை இடுபவர்: Paulo Roberto
Tom in London
Tom in London
யுனைடட் கிங்டம்
Local time: 09:35
இத்தாலியன் - ஆங்கிலம்
Moron Sep 6, 2025

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”
― H.L. Mencken, 1920


P.L.F. Persi (X)
Matthias Brombach
Andy Watkinson
Maria Laura Curzi
The Shredder
Philip Lees
 
Gerard Barry
Gerard Barry
ஜெர்மணி
Local time: 10:35
ஜெர்மன் - ஆங்கிலம்
Kind and decent Sep 6, 2025

The Shredder wrote:

Gerard Barry wrote:
You find my views despicable because you're obviously very "woke" and perhaps live in a bubble where most people think the same way you do. My views aren't actually that extreme and I certainly don't deliberately wind people up.

That's great that you lived on a street with lots of Chinese, Poles and Indians. Did you ever have a discussion with them about immigration, racism, etc.? Because if you did you'd find that they're mostly very patriotic and in some cases, quite racist folk themselves.

Ah, I didn’t realise you knew all my neighbours and all of their countrymen and countrywomen.

Do I need to hang a St George flag to keep their hands off my daughters?

And you’re right about the famously woke bubble of South Wales.

That must be why I don’t support people being sent home to be raped and tortured.

I thought it was because I was a decent, kind person, but turns out I’ve just been brainwashed into it.

Could you ask your mates Nigel and Tommy to organise an intervention?


Kind and decent? On this forum, you sometimes come across as an obnoxious, sarcastic know-it-all, I have to say.

As for people being sent home to be raped and tortured, I don't remember ever saying I supported such a thing. In any case, the majority of people emigrate for economic reasons, not because they are going to be raped and tortured in their home countries. Sounds like you've listened to a lot of asylum industry propaganda.


 
Tom in London
Tom in London
யுனைடட் கிங்டம்
Local time: 09:35
இத்தாலியன் - ஆங்கிலம்
Irish Sep 6, 2025

Gerard Barry wrote:

, the majority of people emigrate for economic reasons,


Yes - that's how Britain got its canals and railways and found nurses for its national healthcare system

http://ultancowley.com/wp/the-men-who-built-britain-a-history-of-the-irish-navvy/


P.L.F. Persi (X)
Gerard Barry
Liena V.
 
Baran Keki
Baran Keki  Identity Verified
துருக்கி
Local time: 11:35
உறுப்பினர்
ஆங்கிலம் - துர்கிஷ்
Where is Mervyn Henderson when you need him? Sep 6, 2025

Wouldn't he have written an epic 'This Just In' post about this twat?

Gerard Barry wrote:
the majority of people emigrate for economic reasons

Correct, and you're one of them. You are an economic migrant Barry, just like the boat people.
Btw you seem to know a lot about 'asylum industry', were you employed in it before 'translation industry'?


Maria Laura Curzi
Matthias Brombach
The Shredder
P.L.F. Persi (X)
Lieven Malaise
Christel Zipfel
 
Lieven Malaise
Lieven Malaise  Identity Verified
பெல்ஜியம்
Local time: 10:35
உறுப்பினர் (2020)
ஃபிரன்ச் - டச்
+ ...
Kindness Sep 7, 2025

Gerard Barry wrote:
Kind and decent? On this forum, you sometimes come across as an obnoxious, sarcastic know-it-all, I have to say.


Being kind on a forum is preferable, but hardly matters in the greater perspective.

I'll prefer an obnoxious, sarcastic know-it-all that ultimately is kind and tolerant towards people with less fortune, over a kind, polite, but selfish and heartless dou****ag that ultimately facilitates the uprise of fascist regimes any given day.

Thank you for your attention to this matter!

[Bijgewerkt op 2025-09-07 11:43 GMT]


Baran Keki
Matthias Brombach
P.L.F. Persi (X)
Rachel Waddington
Maria Laura Curzi
The Shredder
 
Yasutomo Kanazawa
Yasutomo Kanazawa  Identity Verified
ஜப்பான்
Local time: 17:35
உறுப்பினர் (2005)
ஆங்கிலம் - ஜேபனீஸ்
+ ...
Just wanted to add one thing to my post Sep 7, 2025

When Trump was running for candidacy for the second time, he was shot by a shooter which barely grazed part of his right ear if I'm not mistaken. I may be a conspiracy theorist, but when I first heard this news, my first reaction to this incident was a self-made plot to buy votes out of sympathy to win the election. I never told anyone about what I felt, but a few months later, I read an article in my local newspaper that there are many other people who believe that this was a stunt he played on... See more
When Trump was running for candidacy for the second time, he was shot by a shooter which barely grazed part of his right ear if I'm not mistaken. I may be a conspiracy theorist, but when I first heard this news, my first reaction to this incident was a self-made plot to buy votes out of sympathy to win the election. I never told anyone about what I felt, but a few months later, I read an article in my local newspaper that there are many other people who believe that this was a stunt he played on himself and I started to think that maybe I was not wrong. Well, the truth is not revealed yet, and it never will. ▲ Collapse


 
Lieven Malaise
Lieven Malaise  Identity Verified
பெல்ஜியம்
Local time: 10:35
உறுப்பினர் (2020)
ஃபிரன்ச் - டச்
+ ...
Empty Sep 7, 2025

Empty

[Bijgewerkt op 2025-09-07 13:06 GMT]


 
Gerard Barry
Gerard Barry
ஜெர்மணி
Local time: 10:35
ஜெர்மன் - ஆங்கிலம்
. Sep 7, 2025

Lieven Malaise wrote:

Gerard Barry wrote:
Kind and decent? On this forum, you sometimes come across as an obnoxious, sarcastic know-it-all, I have to say.


Being kind on a forum is preferable, but hardly matters in the greater perspective.

I'll prefer an obnoxious, sarcastic know-it-all that ultimately is kind and tolerant towards people with less fortune, over a kind, polite, but selfish and heartless dou****ag that ultimately facilitates the uprise of fascist regimes any given day.

Thank you for your attention to this matter!

[Bijgewerkt op 2025-09-07 11:43 GMT]


What makes you think that Chris is kinder and more tolerant towards "people with less fortune" than I am? Do you know him and me personally? Are you really so naive and gullible that you think being PC and "woke" automatically means someone is a good person in their everyday life? How dumb is that?!


 
Lieven Malaise
Lieven Malaise  Identity Verified
பெல்ஜியம்
Local time: 10:35
உறுப்பினர் (2020)
ஃபிரன்ச் - டச்
+ ...
Mystery Sep 7, 2025

Gerard Barry wrote:
What makes you think that Chris is kinder and more tolerant towards "people with less fortune" than I am?


Yes, why would that be? It's a mystery. I guess we'll never now.

Now, if you'll excuse me. I have to try and find the biggest facepalm of the world. Good night!


P.L.F. Persi (X)
The Shredder
 
Gerard Barry
Gerard Barry
ஜெர்மணி
Local time: 10:35
ஜெர்மன் - ஆங்கிலம்
. Sep 8, 2025

Lieven Malaise wrote:

Gerard Barry wrote:
What makes you think that Chris is kinder and more tolerant towards "people with less fortune" than I am?


Yes, why would that be? It's a mystery. I guess we'll never now.

Now, if you'll excuse me. I have to try and find the biggest facepalm of the world. Good night!



Of course because a person's political views are what define their character, right? And people with (fake) left-wing opinions are always better people than conservatives. Irony off.


 
Maria Laura Curzi
Maria Laura Curzi  Identity Verified
ஆர்ஜெந்தீனா
Local time: 05:35
ஆங்கிலம் - ஸ்பேனிஷ்
+ ...
Amazing Sep 8, 2025

I just want to express that it's truly amazing how this topic (un)developed because of a troll, and I can't help but think if all this could end up feeding a LLM.
Then, there's no surprise the emergence of hallucinations in LLMs that collect any BS that is typed on the internet. And also, that's why AI is the ultimate tool for hoaxes, scams, and misinformation.

So, in the end, trolls' BS ends up in every AI translation, how wonderful!

Also, I'm amazed by the amoun
... See more
I just want to express that it's truly amazing how this topic (un)developed because of a troll, and I can't help but think if all this could end up feeding a LLM.
Then, there's no surprise the emergence of hallucinations in LLMs that collect any BS that is typed on the internet. And also, that's why AI is the ultimate tool for hoaxes, scams, and misinformation.

So, in the end, trolls' BS ends up in every AI translation, how wonderful!

Also, I'm amazed by the amount of free time trolls have; that's why they infest the internet with tons of garbage.
It only took one single troll to infest this topic.
▲ Collapse


P.L.F. Persi (X)
 
Gerard Barry
Gerard Barry
ஜெர்மணி
Local time: 10:35
ஜெர்மன் - ஆங்கிலம்
Troll? Sep 8, 2025

Maria Laura Curzi wrote:

I just want to express that it's truly amazing how this topic (un)developed because of a troll, and I can't help but think if all this could end up feeding a LLM.
Then, there's no surprise the emergence of hallucinations in LLMs that collect any BS that is typed on the internet. And also, that's why AI is the ultimate tool for hoaxes, scams, and misinformation.

So, in the end, trolls' BS ends up in every AI translation, how wonderful!

Also, I'm amazed by the amount of free time trolls have; that's why they infest the internet with tons of garbage.
It only took one single troll to infest this topic.


I'm a troll just because I don't share the same infantile, simplistic views you people have? If that's the case, half the world consists of trolls!


 
Lieven Malaise
Lieven Malaise  Identity Verified
பெல்ஜியம்
Local time: 10:35
உறுப்பினர் (2020)
ஃபிரன்ச் - டச்
+ ...
Trump Sep 9, 2025

Maria Laura Curzi wrote:
Also, I'm amazed by the amount of free time trolls have; that's why they infest the internet with tons of garbage.
It only took one single troll to infest this topic.


It all started with the mention of Trump. Imagine being butthurt over people criticizing the worst American president in history, a women-hating narcistic convicted felon and probably a paedophile too.


P.L.F. Persi (X)
Rachel Waddington
Maria Laura Curzi
Paulo Roberto
 
Tom in London
Tom in London
யுனைடட் கிங்டம்
Local time: 09:35
இத்தாலியன் - ஆங்கிலம்
Troll Sep 9, 2025

Maria Laura Curzi wrote:

I just want to express that it's truly amazing how this topic (un)developed because of a troll


I think I know who the troll is. I try to annoy him (why is it always a man?) by overstepping his posts and responding to the one he was replying to. I expect he will reply to this post. Keep your eyes peeled!

[Edited at 2025-09-09 07:41 GMT]


 
Are you seriously questioning whether being kind is kinder than being unkind? Sep 9, 2025

Gerard Barry wrote:
Are you really so naive and gullible that you think being PC and "woke" automatically means someone is a good person in their everyday life? How dumb is that?!


Yes, that is a “dumb” question. Believing in inclusion and community is obviously kinder than believing in division and self-interest.

I choose to be a wanker sometimes on this forum but generally only when people deserve it. I could just ignore you as I ignore your humourless countryman, but some things you just have to push back against.

The trouble is, I’m also genuinely curious about how someone with your background (indeed anyone) falls for all the right-wing “do your own research” propaganda.


Lieven Malaise
Rachel Waddington
P.L.F. Persi (X)
 
பதிவின் பக்கங்கள்:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13] >


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

இந்த மன்றத்துக்கான மட்டுறுத்துனர்கள்
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Does anyone else feel this way?






Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Draftsmith
Edit Translations Faster With Affordable AI You Can Trust

Draftsmith is an affordable AI editing tool for busy translators. It works directly in Microsoft Word, supporting the way you work ProZ members receive a 20% discount on a single user subscription of Draftsmith.

More info »