Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6] >
Complaint about bugs at ProZ (Staff: Update on the software upgrade process)
Thread poster: Christel Zipfel
Lingua 5B
Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Local time: 12:26
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
Interesting Feb 23

My support tickets get replied within a day or two, maximum three.

[Edited at 2024-02-23 16:00 GMT]

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Thanks everyone! Staff is working hard on fixing these issues Feb 23

Hello everyone,

I hope you are all having a good week.

As Henry says in his post on the first page of this thread, staff members are aware of bugs introduced in the upgrade process, and that some of them remain (the one with email alerts being the main one, but we know there are others). Developers and support staff are coordinating efforts to carefully test bug reports and work on fixes. We are sorry of all the inconveniences these bugs have been causing you.
... See more
Hello everyone,

I hope you are all having a good week.

As Henry says in his post on the first page of this thread, staff members are aware of bugs introduced in the upgrade process, and that some of them remain (the one with email alerts being the main one, but we know there are others). Developers and support staff are coordinating efforts to carefully test bug reports and work on fixes. We are sorry of all the inconveniences these bugs have been causing you.

By the way, the issue with email alerts that was reported a few years ago had nothing to do with the upgrade, and that issue was fixed back then. Just for the record.

Now, I'd like to try to address some of the concerns in this thread and clarify a few things...

Is site staff reading the forums? Yes, we are. We read forum posts daily, but forum posts are not the only messages we pay attention to. ProZ.com has various channels of member communication, forums are one, but then there is email, support requests, instant messages, phones calls,... And there are priorities. There are times in which staff is required to use their time and efforts in testing issues reported carefully (most of the time we need to test bugs and fixes several times a day) rather than going back and forth in the forums over and over the same issue report (or some off-topic comments around them).

Does staff care? Of course we do! Some of us in the team have been working for you for more than 15-20 years, and we are also part of this amazing community. We don't just say it, we feel that way. So when you question our commitment here in the forums or elsewhere, trust me, it's not a fun day at work.

In sum, and at the risk of repeating what some other staff members have already posted here (including the site's founder), site staff are working hard to address all of the issues reported here and elsewhere. We kindly ask you to please help us to help you by providing detailed reports, preferably once to allow others to add further details if any. Feel free to post to the forums (we have a ProZ.com technical support forum for such reports, https://www.proz.com/forum/10) or submit a support request, https://go.proz.com/help. I have even reached out to some of you in the last couple of days to offer you a call if you want too.

And let's please stay on topic from now on, let us know if you find some other bug out there (hopefully not!) while we continue working on the ones you have already reported.

And when you are ready (and no project deadline is haunting you), go and have a nice weekend!

Lucia
Collapse

ibz
ibz  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
@Lingua 5B Feb 23

My support tickets get a reply as well ("Thank you for your patience") but the problem / bug still persists.
I'm getting tired of sending the same ticket again and again but getting no solution...

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
I see KudoZ notifications are being delivered to your email address, ibz Feb 23

ibz wrote:

My support tickets get a reply as well ("Thank you for your patience") but the problem / bug still persists.
I'm getting tired of sending the same ticket again and again but getting no solution...

I see the last support request you submitted dates December 6th, 2023, ibz, and that it was responded by Naiara Solano a few hours after it was submitted. In that support request (and another one submitted on the same date, same issue) you said you were not receiving email notifications for discussion posts made on KudoZ questions you had posted.

I just checked the mail monitor, https://www.proz.com/?sp=mail_monitor , and I see that 6 email alerts of discussion entries posted on a KudoZ question you have made recently were sent to your email address within the last 24 hours. Those 6 alerts correspond to the 6 discussion entries posted by colleagues so far on the question. Is there any other notification that you believe you should have received but you didn't? That will help me to look into what you report further. Thanks!

Lucia

[Edited to add link to mail monitor]

ibz
ibz  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
@Lucia Feb 23

Thanks for your reply: I‘ve received exactly one notification, today at around 1 pm. As I said before, notifications function very randomly, at least for me.

expressisverbis
Cilian O'Tuama
Alison MacG

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Thank you, ibz! Let's review this carefully then... Feb 23

Since alerts are leaving our servers to your email address, I have the feeling this may be related to filtering by your ISP or your email service. It's not uncommon for some services to allow one notification per type to be delivered within a certain period of time to manage spam. I'll contact you directly to see if there is some manual whitelisting that you need to do to start getting them all (we have managed to fix similar issues reported by other members this way before). I'll also check int... See more
Since alerts are leaving our servers to your email address, I have the feeling this may be related to filtering by your ISP or your email service. It's not uncommon for some services to allow one notification per type to be delivered within a certain period of time to manage spam. I'll contact you directly to see if there is some manual whitelisting that you need to do to start getting them all (we have managed to fix similar issues reported by other members this way before). I'll also check internally with developers to see if they have some other suggestions.

Thanks again for providing me with more details. I'll do my best to help you and get this fixed.

Lucia
Collapse

expressisverbis

Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Speaking of notifications Feb 23

I didn't get any notification (i.e. ZERO) of the replies to this thread, 35 so far. But sadly, I hardly do expect them any more, as I am already so used to all these bugs.

expressisverbis

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Tracking forum thread to receive email alerts for new posts Feb 23

Hello Christel,

I see that you are not tracking this thread. To receive email alerts when a new post is made to this thread, you need to check the "This topic (All posts)" option in the "Email tracking" box available on the right column of this page ("Dieses Thema (Alle Beiträge)" in your case).

Give it a try and let me know how that goes.

Lucia

Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
But the OP should get automatically notifications Feb 24

Lucia Leszinsky wrote:

Hello Christel,

I see that you are not tracking this thread. To receive email alerts when a new post is made to this thread, you need to check the "This topic (All posts)" option in the "Email tracking" box available on the right column of this page ("Dieses Thema (Alle Beiträge)" in your case).

Give it a try and let me know how that goes.

Lucia

for his thread, which is logical in my opinion, and it has always been like that. For this reason, of course, I didn't track it. Nobody has informed us of this change, though.

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Confirming with a developer Feb 26

Hello Christel,

I hope you had a nice weekend.

Just like you, I thought that when someone opens a thread, naturally they get automatically subscribed to posts in that thread (and I also remember that's how it used to work), but then I wasn't so sure, so I asked Nicolás, one of our developers, to check that one for us. I'll post back here when I get an answer from him.

Lucia

Zea_Mays
Zea_Mays  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
notifications Feb 26

Lucia Leszinsky wrote:

Hello Christel,

I hope you had a nice weekend.

Just like you, I thought that when someone opens a thread, naturally they get automatically subscribed to posts in that thread (and I also remember that's how it used to work), but then I wasn't so sure, so I asked Nicolás, one of our developers, to check that one for us. I'll post back here when I get an answer from him.

Lucia

When I created my last thread, I started receiving notifications without having to subscribe, while I still get just rare random notifications for KudoZ - mainly from some commentators from the discussion board (not from all, which is quite strange). No or very rare notifications on agrees, disagrees or closed questions.

Alison MacG

brovxidfmgan (X)
brovxidfmgan (X)
. Feb 26

Lucia Leszinsky wrote:
Just like you, I thought that when someone opens a thread, naturally they get automatically subscribed to posts in that thread (and I also remember that's how it used to work), but then I wasn't so sure, so I asked Nicolás, one of our developers, to check that one for us.

I actually would prefer an option to not automatically subscribing to a topic I started. When a thread got derailed and turned into a 15-page worth of heated discussion, I sometimes feel sorry for the OP. They must be really annoyed having their inbox constantly being bombarded with new-reply notifications.

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Developer confirmed automatic subscription of OP Feb 26

Members who open a thread are subscribed automatically so email alerts should be sent to you, Christel Zipfel, for posts made in this thread.

Since you confirmed you are not receiving them (please check the spam folder just in case, they are sent using [email protected] as the "from" email address), I have asked the developer who is working on issues resulting from the PHP upgrade to please take a look (also at KudoZ
... See more
Members who open a thread are subscribed automatically so email alerts should be sent to you, Christel Zipfel, for posts made in this thread.

Since you confirmed you are not receiving them (please check the spam folder just in case, they are sent using [email protected] as the "from" email address), I have asked the developer who is working on issues resulting from the PHP upgrade to please take a look (also at KudoZ email alerts, Zea_Mays, since I was able to reproduce the issue too).

I'll post back here as soon as I have any news. Thanks!

Lucia
Collapse

Zea_Mays

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 11:26
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Notifications delayed Feb 28

Over this week I've noticed that KudoZ's questions have been arriving in my inbox after half an hour...
As far as I can remember, this has never happened before either.

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Japanese Feb 28

Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 11.42.10

[2024-02-28 10:42 GMTに編集されました]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Complaint about bugs at ProZ (Staff: Update on the software upgrade process)

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »