Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6] >
Complaint about bugs at ProZ (Staff: Update on the software upgrade process)
Thread poster: Christel Zipfel
Charlie Bavington
Charlie Bavington  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:19
French to English
Not the only one Jan 24

Barbara Carrara wrote:
Am I the only one having these issues?

No.
Yesterday (23rd), the home page was resolutely stuck on last week.

When I attempted to visit more recent pages that I knew had existed (e.g. page2 of the discussion about WCS going bust, or a kudoz Q on the term "participant"), I got error messages.

Just now, browsing the kudoz Q about "puits isolé", there is stuff displaying in all sorts of languages. But then, a couple of weeks back, the whole site was displaying for me in Arabic which, I don't mind admitting, made it quite challenging to find the settings to change it back to English

Barbara Carrara
Dan Lucas
Jennifer Levey
Zea_Mays
writeaway
Cilian O'Tuama
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida

Yasutomo Kanazawa
Yasutomo Kanazawa  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 21:19
Member (2005)
English to Japanese
+ ...
Same here Jan 27

I've mentioned on another discussion that I still get notifications of jobs and KudoZ which have been closed days or even months ago, but the other day, when I started a new topic, I had trouble opening the page of my thread to check whether there have been any new posts since I don't get any notifications when someone replied to a topic. When I tried to open the page of my topic, a message saying "something went wrong" with a big X mark in red appeared, and I had to refresh the page a few times... See more
I've mentioned on another discussion that I still get notifications of jobs and KudoZ which have been closed days or even months ago, but the other day, when I started a new topic, I had trouble opening the page of my thread to check whether there have been any new posts since I don't get any notifications when someone replied to a topic. When I tried to open the page of my topic, a message saying "something went wrong" with a big X mark in red appeared, and I had to refresh the page a few times to get the post displayed correctly. And sometimes, when I tried refreshing the page but nothing happens, I directly went to the Forum page, but my topic was not displayed at all as it has never existed. I know it's a bug, but what's going on, Proz?Collapse

Dan Lucas
Barbara Carrara
Zea_Mays
ibz
Michele Fauble

Zea_Mays
Zea_Mays  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 14:19
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
send tickets Jan 27

Send a ticket every time you encounter a bug. It seems staff is not reading the forums.

Barbara Carrara
Barbara Carrara  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2008)
English to Italian
+ ...
On this occasion, I didn't Jan 27

Zea_Mays wrote:
Send a ticket every time you encounter a bug. It seems staff is not reading the forums.

Normally, I do, but didn't this time. And after a couple of days when each and every area of the site seemed to be bug-ridden, now everything seems to be back to normal. Will definitely contact support, and post here, should those issues show up again. And I am sure they will, considering that Notification one still hasn't been fixed.

As to the staff following or not the fora, I remember clearly that one of them stated somewhere around here that they do indeed read us, but cannot find that specific post.
I have yet to see that translated into...action, but that's a thread for another day, I guess.

Yana Dovgopol
Yana Dovgopol
Local time: 15:19
SITE STAFF
Thanks everyone! Jan 29

Hello everyone,

Issues described here several times about the information not being displayed are replication issues related to the work of servers. The fixes were implemented last week. However, it's important to note that replication processes take time to catch up, so you may not see immediate changes.

I want to confirm that the replication issue has been resolved at this moment.

While we've resolved these replication issues, we're aware that other issue
... See more
Hello everyone,

Issues described here several times about the information not being displayed are replication issues related to the work of servers. The fixes were implemented last week. However, it's important to note that replication processes take time to catch up, so you may not see immediate changes.

I want to confirm that the replication issue has been resolved at this moment.

While we've resolved these replication issues, we're aware that other issues persist. For example, there's an ongoing problem with the delivery of specific notifications in KudoZ. Our development team is actively working on resolving these issues.

Thank you for your patience as we continue to address all the reports you've submitted.

Bests,
Yana
Collapse

Barbara Carrara
Italy
Member (2008)
English to Italian
+ ...
Tough Love Jan 29

Yana Dovgopol wrote:
While we've resolved these replication issues, we're aware that other issues persist. For example, there's an ongoing problem with the delivery of specific notifications in KudoZ. Our development team is actively working on resolving these issues.

Thank you for your patience as we continue to address all the reports you've submitted.

Hi, Yana.

Thanks for your update.
However, as I am sure you know, the notification issue has been reported for quite some time (six months, and counting), and that has yet to be fixed.

Like other contributors to the fora, and as a long-time paying ProZ member, I think the whole bug issue has been handled extremely poorly.

And our patience is wearing thin.

In fact, and as I have already mentioned elsewhere in this space, I don't seem to remember ProZ staff ever informing us of the software upgrade Henry referred to in this very thread last 8 January, when he also indicated spring 2023 as the starting of said upgrade.
If you did inform us, would you mind reminding us when/how exactly that was communicated to your members/users?

As other more tech-minded ProZians, I agree it's time for ProZ to focus on the many technical issues that keep creeping up, by appointing a dedicated, knowledgeable tech team able to fix them in a timely manner, rather than concentrate on new 'features' or programmes which as far as I am concerned are for the most part unmemorable, unnecessary or unwanted.

Thanks for listening.

Becca Resnik
Christel Zipfel
ibz
Michele Fauble
Cilian O'Tuama
Jennifer Levey
Anna Sarah Krämer

Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Me too Jan 29

Yasutomo Kanazawa wrote:

I've mentioned on another discussion that I still get notifications of jobs and KudoZ which have been closed days or even months ago, but the other day, when I started a new topic, I had trouble opening the page of my thread to check whether there have been any new posts since I don't get any notifications when someone?

Three weeks ago I was the first and lucky one to get a very lucrative job that was posted in March 2024. The direct client wasn't aware of his offer, but paid before time. Something strange seems to go on in the southern hemisphere of our planet, where the proz headquarter is situated. Maybe an evidence of the Heisenberg's indeterminacy principle?

Yasutomo Kanazawa

Cilian O'Tuama
Cilian O'Tuama  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Six months? Since August 2020, if not longer Jan 29

Barbara Carrara wrote:

Yana Dovgopol wrote:
For example, there's an ongoing problem with the delivery of specific notifications in KudoZ. Our development team is actively working on resolving these issues.

Hi, Yana.
However, as I am sure you know, the notification issue has been reported for quite some time (six months, and counting), and that has yet to be fixed.

I first reported this notification issue via support request in August 2020, and again in a prolonged exchange in March 2021. But I was no longer a paying member by then, so I thought that might be a reason it wasn't taken seriously and why I was fobbed off.

So I eventually gave it up as a lost cause.

And it still hasn't been resolved, though the developers are "actively working" on it? Glad to see it's now affecting paying members too.

Well, not really, but you know what I mean.

As I said in a different forum on this site, it seems like the site staff automatically first assume that it's the members/users who are doing something wrong when they have a bug to report, even when the bug appears out of nowhere and users have not changed any settings.

Get well soon!
😊

Barbara Carrara
ibz
Zea_Mays

Barbara Carrara
Italy
Member (2008)
English to Italian
+ ...
ProZ Staff: 'Notification issue fixed in full' (4 Dec. 2023) Feb 1

I retrieved this forum message from 4 December 2023,

Notifications fixed

Staff, anything to say?

Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Interesting... Feb 1

Barbara Carrara wrote:

I retrieved this forum message from 4 December 2023,

Notifications fixed

Staff, anything to say?

... but unfortunately I didn't notice any improvement so far as I still got 0 (ZERO) notifications. Maybe we'll get them three months later and staff only forgot to mention it? (Sarcastic smiley, the smiley shortcut list still doesn't display.)

Barbara Carrara
ibz

brovxidfmgan (X)
brovxidfmgan (X)
. Feb 1

Christel Zipfel wrote:
(Sarcastic smiley, the smiley shortcut list still doesn't display.)

Hope this helps.

https://web.archive.org/web/20170706122219/https://www.proz.com/translation-articles/articles/1244/

[Edited at 2024-02-01 12:04 GMT]

Zea_Mays

ibz
ibz  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
They are busy ... Feb 2

... just launched another Premium Webpage:

A New Premium Webpage: https://www.caterina-yourtranslator.com

No wonder there's no time for answering "normal" paying members, let alone non-paying members (sigh).

Barbara Carrara
writeaway

Barbara Carrara
Italy
Member (2008)
English to Italian
+ ...
So I've noticed... Feb 2

ibz wrote:

... just launched another Premium Webpage:

A New Premium Webpage: https://www.caterina-yourtranslator.com

So I've noticed,

Premium fora

Sorry

As someone NOT interested in the Premium, Plus or other memberships, why would I want to see those threads continuously (and annoyingly) appearing in the forum pages?
The opt-out option is not listed in the Forum dashboard,

Forum dashboard_member-only forums

but if that option is already available anywhere, I'd like to know, please.

ibz

ibz
ibz  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Notifications still not working! Feb 23

Come on, could this problem be solved in the near future? I'm still not getting notifications about my KudoZ questions.

Zea_Mays
Michele Fauble

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Complaint about bugs at ProZ (Staff: Update on the software upgrade process)

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »