Auteur du fil: Boyan Kostadinov
Harry Bornemann
Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexique
Local time: 13:47
anglais vers allemand
+ ...
over-emphasized Apr 3, 2003

As a statistician, I appreciate every bit of systematic information. But I think the duration of Simple or Platinum membership is over-emphasized where and how it is displayed now.

It should rather be placed at the end of the KudoZ list, and it should be displayed only optionally, like other personal information.

If someone wants to show \"Hey, I\'m here since such a long time!\" it should be his choice. He could include it into his other information. T
... See more
As a statistician, I appreciate every bit of systematic information. But I think the duration of Simple or Platinum membership is over-emphasized where and how it is displayed now.

It should rather be placed at the end of the KudoZ list, and it should be displayed only optionally, like other personal information.

If someone wants to show \"Hey, I\'m here since such a long time!\" it should be his choice. He could include it into his other information. The part of ProZ could be to confirm this kind of information.

Collapse

Pilar T. Bayle (X)
Pilar T. Bayle (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:47
anglais vers espagnol
+ ...
Please, take off that stupid date Apr 3, 2003

Who cares when was the last time I paid my dues? I do, ProZ does, my clients could not care a bit. Straighten up things that need changes, and leave alone those that are fine.

Thank you!

P.

Pilar T. Bayle (X)
Pilar T. Bayle (X)  Identity Verified
anglais vers espagnol
+ ...
Yes, but... Apr 3, 2003

Quote:

If someone wants to show \"Hey, I\'m here since such a long time!\" it should be his choice.

That\'s not even the case. That line only shows when you renewed your membership last time. So, in my case, I\'m a Platinum member since 2002, when in fact I became one in 2001...

P.

[ This Message was edited by: pbayle on 2003-04-03 14:44]

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 15:47
CRÉATEUR DU SITE
The date is supposed to be your *start* date (not renewal) Apr 3, 2003

This line is a way of thanking platinum members for their support of the site.

Based on the feedback here, we will de-emphasize the line in profiles. It is true that this need not be a concern for outsourcers.

Note and request: the date is supposed to show the first month in which you became a platinum member. If it does not show that, this is an error (there are many, because of the way the dates were generated automatically.) We are ready to correct th
... See more
This line is a way of thanking platinum members for their support of the site.

Based on the feedback here, we will de-emphasize the line in profiles. It is true that this need not be a concern for outsourcers.

Note and request: the date is supposed to show the first month in which you became a platinum member. If it does not show that, this is an error (there are many, because of the way the dates were generated automatically.) We are ready to correct the dates one by one, please help us to do that by going to this page if the date shown in your profile is not correct:

http://www.proz.com/?sp=platinum_since

Also, in keeping with out privacy policy, there will be a way to hide this.

Thanks for the feedback!

Henry
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Allemagne
anglais vers allemand
+ ...
Sorry, but I'm neither impressed nor convinced Apr 3, 2003

Quote:

We are ready to correct the dates one by one, please help us to do that by going to this page if the date shown in your profile is not correct:

I would have thought there are other, significantly more urgent issues to address.

Ralf

Rick Henry
Rick Henry  Identity Verified
États-Unis
Local time: 14:47
italien vers anglais
+ ...
Ick... Apr 3, 2003

Sorry, thanks, but no thanks. The information is incorrect, for one thing. And I would think that you\'d just be swamped with requests to change the information to the correct date by everybody.

PLEASE... remove the date and just leave the platinum symbol.

R.

==

Quote:

On 2003-04-03 05:37, boyank wrote:

Your Platinum Membership start date is now displayed in your profile and also ... See more
Sorry, thanks, but no thanks. The information is incorrect, for one thing. And I would think that you\'d just be swamped with requests to change the information to the correct date by everybody.

PLEASE... remove the date and just leave the platinum symbol.

R.

==

Quote:

On 2003-04-03 05:37, boyank wrote:

Your Platinum Membership start date is now displayed in your profile and also in the Featured Pro box on the ProZ.com home page. The date displayed initially is the last date your upgraded/renewed your Platinum Membership. If this date is not the actual start date of of your Platinum Membership, please go here to have it corrected.

Collapse

Rishi Miranhshah
Rishi Miranhshah  Identity Verified
Canada
anglais vers panjabi
+ ...
I too couldn't find any rationale Apr 3, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-04-03 11:18, SFM wrote:

I agree too that the information is potentially more harmful than helpful.

What was the rationale behind creating this new feature, anyway?

Sara

My vote for removal.

Patricia Lutteral
Patricia Lutteral  Identity Verified
Argentine
Local time: 16:47
anglais vers espagnol
+ ...
Agree with previous postings Apr 5, 2003

I don\'t see the use of this information either.

Regards,

Patricia

Pages sur ce sujet:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Platinum Membership start date available for display in profiles

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »