facilidades y garantías de pago
Thread poster: tradugag
tradugag
tradugag  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:05
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 4, 2003

Soy traductora pública (argentina). Dadas las circunstancias económicas por las que atraviesa nuestro país, hay quienes solicitan facilidades de pago para encargar una traducción y exponen abiertamente su delicada situación financiera.

¿Cómo podemos los traductores, ante esta realidad, ayudar a nuestros clientes sin perjudicarnos, cuando nos dicen, por ejemplo, que necesitan nuestras traducciones porque están a punto de dejar el país para probar suerte en otros por falta de t
... See more
Soy traductora pública (argentina). Dadas las circunstancias económicas por las que atraviesa nuestro país, hay quienes solicitan facilidades de pago para encargar una traducción y exponen abiertamente su delicada situación financiera.

¿Cómo podemos los traductores, ante esta realidad, ayudar a nuestros clientes sin perjudicarnos, cuando nos dicen, por ejemplo, que necesitan nuestras traducciones porque están a punto de dejar el país para probar suerte en otros por falta de trabajo? Por otra parte, ¿cómo solicitar garantías de pago a una persona que nos solicita una traducción pública y acerca de la cual no tenemos ninguna referencia?

Gracias.

Gabriela
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:05
English to German
+ ...
Could you please re-post in English? Feb 5, 2003

Hola Gabriela (that\'s as far as my Spanish goes...).

The reason that there has not been any response so far may be the fact that you posted in Spanish - have you tried posting this in the Spanish forum? Alternatively, why don\'t you re-post here, in English?

Thanks, and best regards - Ralf

tradugag
tradugag  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:05
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
You are right Feb 6, 2003

Thank you, Ralf!

You are right. I should have posted my message in the Spanish forum and I\'ll do it.

However, I\'ll try to re-post it here as well, as you kindly suggested.

I am an Argentine certified translator. As you know, my country is going through its worst economic crisis in history. Some prospective customers explain that they need certified translations(or \"public\" translations, as we call them in Argentina) of all their personal documents, suc
... See more
Thank you, Ralf!

You are right. I should have posted my message in the Spanish forum and I\'ll do it.

However, I\'ll try to re-post it here as well, as you kindly suggested.

I am an Argentine certified translator. As you know, my country is going through its worst economic crisis in history. Some prospective customers explain that they need certified translations(or \"public\" translations, as we call them in Argentina) of all their personal documents, such as diplomas, official transcripts, etc. in order to leave the country and hopefully find a job abroad. They say \"I need your services but please help me to afford them. You know, I want to leave the country because I am out of work\".

Then, my questions are: how could we help these prospective customers without damaging our own interests? Is it also possible to trust someone that you don\'t know and who has already told you that he/she will not be able to pay your rates unless you can offer some easier terms of payment? How can I know that I will get paid?

Thank you in advance!

Gabriela
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:05
English to German
+ ...
Gracias Feb 6, 2003

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

facilidades y garantías de pago

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »