Pricing issues: How low can you go?
Autor vlákna: Robert Pranagal
Robert Pranagal
Robert Pranagal
Local time: 06:25
angličtina -> polština
+ ...
Dec 23, 2002

If you think that USD 0.05 is low, just take a look at the recent En>Pl and En>It job:

http://www.proz.com/job?id=30014

$4 per 300 words!

That\'s very generous pricing offered by \"Alex\" no name no address no nothing...

In my opinion this is so damn crazy, that I won\'t even bother to answer the bid to say how ridiculous this is.

ampuria (X)
ampuria (X)
angličtina -> španělština
+ ...
yes. You are right. Dec 23, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-12-23 10:52, Robert Pranagal wrote:

If you think that USD 0.05 is low, just take a look at the recent En>Pl and En>It job:

$4 per 300 words!

That\'s very generous pricing offered by \"Alex\" no name no address no nothing...

... See more
Quote:

On 2002-12-23 10:52, Robert Pranagal wrote:

$4 per 300 words!

In my opinion this is so damn crazy, that I won\'t even bother to answer the bid to say how ridiculous this is.

It is only 0.013 but have a look 6 bids certainly somebody who is so crazy as the person who posted the job.Where are we going?

One day, we are going to pay to translate

but I have said what I think about these jobs and there are always somebody saying... we are poor in our country my house costs... etc etc... well I do not accept those things, the person who works for those price is a bad translator and for me I can respect those persons.

BYE. ▲ Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Německo
angličtina -> němčina
+ ...
Check this thread Dec 23, 2002

Before jumping to conclusions regarding the number of bids received, I suggest reading this thread: www.proz.com/?sp=bb/viewtopic&topic_id=6294&forum_id=23, particularly Henry\'s posting.

Robert Pranagal
Robert Pranagal
angličtina -> polština
+ ...
AUTOR TÉMATU
Is ProZ a place to find work? Dec 23, 2002

With more and more job postings of the aforementioned type, I daresay that ProZ gradually ceases to be a place for serious, professional translators to find assignments.

Merry Christmas everyone and God bless you!

ampuria (X)
ampuria (X)
angličtina -> španělština
+ ...
you are right Dec 24, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-12-23 22:34, Robert Pranagal wrote:

With more and more job postings of the aforementioned type, I daresay that ProZ gradually ceases to be a place for serious, professional translators to find assignments.

Yes, I am not going to loose my time here,I have direct contact with Telefonica,Seat and others.They pay me 0.1 euro/word and in 10 ... See more
Quote:

On 2002-12-23 22:34, Robert Pranagal wrote:

Yes, I am not going to loose my time here,I have direct contact with Telefonica,Seat and others.They pay me 0.1 euro/word and in 10 days here the other day very funny posted job : rush job, must be done very strictely, 17ooo words in 4 days payement 0.04 usd/word taht is more or less 0.036 euro and payement 60 days after invoice by draft so that is more or less 4 days work, 5 days to receve invoice by post after 60 to send draft 6 day to receve it and one month to be payed due to administratif verifications so you are going to be pay 110 days after have done the job, I know because in october 25th I made a translation and I will have my money on january 6th and it was payement in 30 days!!!!!!!. ▲ Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Pricing issues: How low can you go?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »