Lingua 5B
Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Local time: 11:38
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
@Robert Dec 14, 2022

I always wondered how far the clients would go if I just “let it be” without sending any reminders. Does your thing work and you actually get paid on its own after two months (no reminders)?

I always had an impression I would never get paid if I didn’t send a reminder, which I need to send in 98% of cases. And I also send it soon after the due date (in 5 days max, but more like in 1-2 days). I have a reminder app that reminds me to check/remind clients.

And I hear
... See more
I always wondered how far the clients would go if I just “let it be” without sending any reminders. Does your thing work and you actually get paid on its own after two months (no reminders)?

I always had an impression I would never get paid if I didn’t send a reminder, which I need to send in 98% of cases. And I also send it soon after the due date (in 5 days max, but more like in 1-2 days). I have a reminder app that reminds me to check/remind clients.

And I heard a wide range of stupid excuses from them. It’s like little kids that had been caught stealing sweets from a cupboard.

[Edited at 2022-12-14 14:41 GMT]
Collapse

Marta de Mattos Jónsson
Adieu

Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:38
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Maybe I am being misunderstood Dec 14, 2022

Lingua 5B wrote:

And I heard a wide range of stupid excuses from them. It’s like little kids that had been caught stealing sweets from a cupboard.

[Edited at 2022-12-14 14:41 GMT]

I do send reminders, only after 2 months. Why 2 months? Well, I have clients who pay me immediately, within a month, but also some with a paying policy of 2 months.

This doesn't mean I check my administration once in two months, but when I do check it, most bills are paid, and if there is non-payer, well see my first thread. It saves me a lot of time and nerves, and it works fine for me.

In the 20 odd years I am working as a translator, there was only one agency that didn't pay me, because they went bankrupt (that is, the owner took the money and left for Tahiti or so).

[Edited at 2022-12-14 17:04 GMT]

[Edited at 2022-12-14 17:05 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Late payment or no payment

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »