abusive rates and conditions, how do they get away with it?
Thread poster: Elena Rodríguez
Elena Rodríguez
Elena Rodríguez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:44
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 26, 2004

Dear colleagues: I know, this is not new, but it happens again and agai; I keep reading job offers with abusive conditions at ProZ.com: use of cat tools, be willing to work at weekends, all for 0.05$,(so, less in euros); how do these agencies, middlepeople or whatever they are, get away with it? Does ProZ.com have any responsibility? I know, you don't have to take it if you don't like it, but there are regulations, price standards and all that, maybe because is in the net they do not apply? Sorr... See more
Dear colleagues: I know, this is not new, but it happens again and agai; I keep reading job offers with abusive conditions at ProZ.com: use of cat tools, be willing to work at weekends, all for 0.05$,(so, less in euros); how do these agencies, middlepeople or whatever they are, get away with it? Does ProZ.com have any responsibility? I know, you don't have to take it if you don't like it, but there are regulations, price standards and all that, maybe because is in the net they do not apply? Sorry if this is a boring subject, I am just amazed that there seems to be no way out of it.Collapse

Evert DELOOF-SYS
Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 10:44
English to Dutch
+ ...
Interesting topic, yes, but discussed before Jul 26, 2004

Hi 'elere',

This topic has indeed been discussed umpty times before.

May I suggest you enter e.g. 'low rates' at http://www.proz.com/?sp=search
and have a look at the postings there?

Have a nice day,

Evert Deloof-Sys

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

abusive rates and conditions, how do they get away with it?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »