Do NOT bid on this posting please (EN-->FR/DU) at 0.025 euro/source - please comment
Thread poster: Evert DELOOF-SYS
Evert DELOOF-SYS
Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 06:35
English to Dutch
+ ...
Jan 11, 2002

Someone deleted this topic I posted a few hours ago:

Here\'s another example of what we don\'t need in our lives as translators.

Traduzioni Online just posted a job of 15.920 words (English-French and English-Dutch) and offers \'400 Euros\' for this:

a hefty 0.025 euro per source word.

It wouldn\'t be a bad idea if we all refrained from replying here.

<
... See more
Someone deleted this topic I posted a few hours ago:

Here\'s another example of what we don\'t need in our lives as translators.

Traduzioni Online just posted a job of 15.920 words (English-French and English-Dutch) and offers \'400 Euros\' for this:

a hefty 0.025 euro per source word.

It wouldn\'t be a bad idea if we all refrained from replying here.

Other than that, maybe it\'s time to implement a function that would automatically delete such postings.

http://www.proz.com/job?id=17252

Posted by traduzioni online today at 10:23am.

English to Dutch- 15.920 words

English>Dutch, Manual

15.920 Words. Payment 400 Euros by bank transfer.

per. source word. Delivery within 28 January .

This project starts today!

Thanks

Please write to [email protected] , subject English Dutch NALCO .

Sample text (must be translated by bidders)

Refer to Figure 5, page 8, for the \"Terminal Connections\", showing the terminal strip location and configuration of the required electrical connections for the power, pump, flow switch and 4-20 mA connections.

To access the terminal strip, TURN OFF THE MAIN POWER TO THE INSTRUMENT, then remove the enclosure face (6 screws). Remove the enclosure face carefully as the keypad ribbon cable must be removed from the printed circuit board (PCB) to completely remove the enclosure face.

Bids received: 0

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-01-11 14:58 ]
Collapse

Ann VDP
Ann VDP
French to Dutch
+ ...
A sheer disgrace! Jan 11, 2002

As our Spanish collegue (Spanish forum) puts it bluntly, it\'s a disgrace that a translation agency even considers this price for a job this size, let alone do it! I have noticed that by now two people have placed a bid; you must either be crazy or have real money troubles to be willing to accept this job!

I have also noticed that someone has deleted all the responses that our colleagues wrote to Evert\'s note... Not only does that someone try to ruin our profession, he or she also tr
... See more
As our Spanish collegue (Spanish forum) puts it bluntly, it\'s a disgrace that a translation agency even considers this price for a job this size, let alone do it! I have noticed that by now two people have placed a bid; you must either be crazy or have real money troubles to be willing to accept this job!

I have also noticed that someone has deleted all the responses that our colleagues wrote to Evert\'s note... Not only does that someone try to ruin our profession, he or she also tries to limit our freedom of speech!!

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-01-11 16:04 ]

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-01-11 16:05 ]
Collapse

Werner George Patels, M.A., C.Tran.(ATIO) (X)
Werner George Patels, M.A., C.Tran.(ATIO) (X)
Local time: 00:35
German to English
+ ...
Nothing has been deleted Jan 11, 2002

You will find all the previous replies under Money Matters.

Apparently, this topic was duplicated for some reason. Beats me!

But all the replies are still there.

Bertha S. Deffenbaugh
Bertha S. Deffenbaugh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:35
English to Spanish
+ ...
Yes, why should these postings be deleted? Jan 11, 2002

I remember seeing at least 6 postings only a while ago!

It would be interesting to know who has deleted the messages and why.

Regards,

BSD

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 00:35
SITE FOUNDER
moved thread to money matters Jan 11, 2002

The posting has not been deleted, but moved. All rates-related discussion should be posted in the \'money matters\' forum. (where I am now moving this one.)

Evert DELOOF-SYS
Belgium
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
OK, but Jan 11, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-01-11 16:15, Henry wrote:

The posting has not been deleted, but moved. All rates-related discussion should be posted in the \'money matters\' forum. (where I am now moving this one.)

\"Money matters

Money matters

The following topics are appropriate for this section: accounting software, tax issues, etc. Detailed discussion regarding word rates, etc., shoul... See more
Quote:

On 2002-01-11 16:15, Henry wrote:

\"Money matters

Money matters

The following topics are appropriate for this section: accounting software, tax issues, etc. Detailed discussion regarding word rates, etc., should be avoided.\"

The latter most probably made me post this topic elsewhere.

Anyway, this topic fits better in the business related forum as it\'s all about business ethics, sales,...

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-01-11 17:51 ]Collapse

Evert DELOOF-SYS
Belgium
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
And have a look at this: Jan 11, 2002

http://www.proz.com/?sp=agency_list&eid_c=2127&agency_id=166

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Do NOT bid on this posting please (EN-->FR/DU) at 0.025 euro/source - please comment

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »