Toshiba laptop: light for capital letters not working
Auteur du fil: Sarah Brenchley
Sarah Brenchley
Sarah Brenchley  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:41
espagnol vers anglais
+ ...
Jan 16, 2006

I don't know what I've done but the light on the capital letter key no longer comes on when I press it. Does anyone have nay suggestions? I don't think it a question of the bulb going but who knows?
Thanks.
Sarah.

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
allemand
+ ...
Does the actual Caps Lock function still work? Jan 16, 2006

Well, if the Caps Lock key still works as intended except for the light, then the LED (no bulbs there...) might indeed be defective.

Whether it is or not, there are programs like "Systray Indicator" ( http://home25.inet.tele.dk/bramsing/ ) that can work as a substitute for the lights by showing the status of the Num Lock, Caps Lock and Scroll Lock keys on your screen, in the area to the
... See more
Well, if the Caps Lock key still works as intended except for the light, then the LED (no bulbs there...) might indeed be defective.

Whether it is or not, there are programs like "Systray Indicator" ( http://home25.inet.tele.dk/bramsing/ ) that can work as a substitute for the lights by showing the status of the Num Lock, Caps Lock and Scroll Lock keys on your screen, in the area to the right of your task bar.

Maybe you'll want to check that out and let us know if this is a solution you can live with. A new keyboard costs a pretty penny considering that it's only one tiny light that isn't working - and a repair is usually even more costly, unless you happen to know somebody who is into electronics repair and soldering.

HTH,
Benjamin

P.S.: You might also want to re-boot your PC and run a virus scan on your system, just to be sure this isn't the result of a nasty virus playing little games with you.

[Edited at 2006-01-16 15:55]
Collapse

Sarah Brenchley
Sarah Brenchley  Identity Verified
espagnol vers anglais
+ ...
AUTEUR DU FIL
Still no luck Jan 16, 2006

I've rebooted the computer and run a virus scan but no luck. I've written to Toshiba to see if they have any suggestions and will let you know if they answer.
The key works OK - it's just the light that isn't working.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Modérateur(s) de ce forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Toshiba laptop: light for capital letters not working

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »