Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Ukrainian language forum - votes, please!
Thread poster: Oleg Prots
Oleg Prots
Oleg Prots  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 00:54
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
Jan 10, 2003

Hi everybody!

I have finally decided to raise this issue:

On the occasion of my \'platinization\' I propose to launch a Ukrainian language forum at ProZ.

Actually, with over 300 Ukrainian-speaking pros I think it could be VERY useful for all of us - even though nearly all of us understand English and Russian. :^)

I already have several topics in mind which are specific for Ukraine or Ukrainian language and I would like to h
... See more
Hi everybody!

On the occasion of my \'platinization\' I propose to launch a Ukrainian language forum at ProZ.

Actually, with over 300 Ukrainian-speaking pros I think it could be VERY useful for all of us - even though nearly all of us understand English and Russian. :^)

I already have several topics in mind which are specific for Ukraine or Ukrainian language and I would like to have a proper place to discuss it.

What you think about it? If I am not alone, I think we\'ll make it!

And, as they often say in TV shows:

I would like to use this occasion to send my warmest greetings to all of you on the occasion of New Year, Christmas, New Year again,... and there are lots of occasions for Ukrainians throughout January.

All the best!

Oleg
Collapse

Maryna Guba
Maryna Guba  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:54
Member (2003)
English to Russian
+ ...
Yay for the Ukrainian Forum Jan 10, 2003

Quote:

I already have several topics in mind which are specific for Ukraine or Ukrainian language and I would like to have a proper place to discuss it.

I\'m for it. Congrats on your \'platinization\' - and it would be intersting to le... See more
Quote:

I\'m for it. Congrats on your \'platinization\' - and it would be intersting to learn about specific topics you have in mind.

Maryna. ▲ Collapse

Marcus Malabad
Marcus Malabad  Identity Verified
Canada
German to English
+ ...
ya za! Jan 10, 2003

I surely support the idea! My written Ukrainian sucks big time but I can read it almost(!) as good as Russian. This will also provide many (me) with a good way of brushing up with colloquial Ukrainian.

I\'m sure Henry would not object. Ask Vladimir (from Vancouver), Natalia (Warsaw) and Yuri (from Toronto), all moderators, for their support.

One potential subject would be the Ukrainian spoken by the diaspora (North America) versus the one in the motherla
... See more
I surely support the idea! My written Ukrainian sucks big time but I can read it almost(!) as good as Russian. This will also provide many (me) with a good way of brushing up with colloquial Ukrainian.

I\'m sure Henry would not object. Ask Vladimir (from Vancouver), Natalia (Warsaw) and Yuri (from Toronto), all moderators, for their support.

One potential subject would be the Ukrainian spoken by the diaspora (North America) versus the one in the motherland (Vaterland?). I tried speaking to one guy who grew up speaking Ukrainian in Canada (and who has never been in Ukraine) and noticed a lot of Anglicized words...we ended up speaking Russian since it was too much of a chore. My Russian was better than his
Collapse

bergazy
bergazy  Identity Verified
Croatia
Local time: 23:54
Croatian to Italian
+ ...
Great! Jan 11, 2003

My wife\'s last name is Ranok. Good excuse for me to be present in this Forum from time to time.

Best Wishes!

Bergazy

Jarema
Jarema  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Member (2003)
German to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Чудова ідея! Jan 11, 2003

Я також за.

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 23:54
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
And Oleg Prots as forum moderator! Jan 11, 2003

Pust\' ni odno dobroe delo ne ostanetsya beznakazannym!

Oleg Prots
Ukraine
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you all for your support and suggestions! Jan 11, 2003

And Natalie, if there\'s a need for Forum Moderator for this specific forum, I agree.

I\'ll search the forums archive for info on the procedure - I believe I\'ve seen it somewhere.

Hope to see you all again in the Ukrainian forum soon, and of course, any comments to this thread are still welcome!

Jarema
Jarema  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Member (2003)
German to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Поздоровляю, Олеже! Jan 11, 2003

Українська мова справді варта того, щоб на ній існував форум на Прозі.

Обіцяю підтримку, цікаві теми для обговорень, активні дискусії. Ворожнечі, протистояння не обіцяю.

Myron Netchypor
Myron Netchypor  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Member (2003)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Хай нам щастить! Jan 11, 2003

Молодець Олеже!

Ще недавно теж собі подумав, чому немає украінського форуму?

mk_lab
mk_lab  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
Добре! Jan 11, 2003

Good idea, guys!

Поспілкуємось - адже тем вистачає.

Щоб наша доля нас не цуралась!

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 17:54
SITE FOUNDER
OK! Jan 11, 2003

The forum is set up. Enjoy.

Myron Netchypor
Myron Netchypor  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Member (2003)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Thanks Henry Jan 11, 2003

Thank you Henry,

It\'s so nice of you!

Vladimir Dubisskiy
Vladimir Dubisskiy
United States
Local time: 16:54
Member (2001)
English to Russian
+ ...
At last! Jan 11, 2003

Ukrainian Forum is/was a must (at least because we have the Russian one - just joking) Actually I did ask our prozident to help to launch it a while ago; but probably Oylpus was in clouds so the messages could not reach it )

Oleg - molodets\'.. As a relevant SC mod vitaju and hope for cooperation!

Why don\'t we use speak Ukrainian or English with Forum postings?

Marta Argat
Marta Argat  Identity Verified
Chinese to Ukrainian
+ ...
Хай живе! :) Jan 12, 2003

Чудово! Дуже дякуємо. Чекаємо на створення нових тем, про які Ви казали.

Зараз піду сама відзначуся

Oleg Prots
Ukraine
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Іще раз дякую! Jan 12, 2003

Henry, thanks a lot!

I\'ll do my best, promise!

Особливо дякую тим, хто вже встиг запропонувати свої теми, навіть ще до того як я таки дізнався, що форум вже є.

Пане Володимире - мені просто в цьому році посміхається доля , чого і Вам бажаю!

Мої питання до обговорення будуть окремими темами незабаром...

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Ukrainian language forum - votes, please!

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »