Thread poster: Michel A.
Michel A.
Michel A.  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:47
Member (2004)
English to French
+ ...
Mar 22, 2011

I already posted this topic last November and got only one answer (thanks again ATT). I would really appreciate to get confirmation by other colleagues that Star Transit works/dos not work smoothly (natively) with WordPerfect files. Thanks in advance.

Hi There,

I'm usually a DVX and Wordfast user. However I've been recently granted a large WordPerfect contract, and none of my usual CATs are able to NATIVELY deal with WP files.

So far, I convert my WP Englis
... See more
I already posted this topic last November and got only one answer (thanks again ATT). I would really appreciate to get confirmation by other colleagues that Star Transit works/dos not work smoothly (natively) with WordPerfect files. Thanks in advance.

Hi There,

I'm usually a DVX and Wordfast user. However I've been recently granted a large WordPerfect contract, and none of my usual CATs are able to NATIVELY deal with WP files.

So far, I convert my WP English files to MSW files, then through the CAT for translation, then back to WP through a MSW to WP conversion. However the target French files I get are scattered with layout errors.

I have been told Star Transit can natively handle WP files, did someone already experienced that feature? Any feedback?

Ta

Michel
Collapse

Ana Kardum
Ana Kardum  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:47
German to Croatian
+ ...
It is best to check with Star AG... Mar 23, 2011

I would suggest that you check this information with a representative of Star AG. I checked specifications that I have for Transit NXT and they do list that it supports Corel WordPerfect 5 – 11.

http://www.star-portals.net/Transit/default.aspx

If you intend to purchase Transit, you will need to get in touch with their sales department anyhow.

Wha
... See more
I would suggest that you check this information with a representative of Star AG. I checked specifications that I have for Transit NXT and they do list that it supports Corel WordPerfect 5 – 11.

http://www.star-portals.net/Transit/default.aspx

If you intend to purchase Transit, you will need to get in touch with their sales department anyhow.

What I can say is that they have excellent customer support and that software is very good and stable.

If you wish, I can send you the Product Guide (EN) - it will probably help you. You can contact me via my profile.

Good luck with your projects!

Ana
Collapse

Roberto Bertuol
Roberto Bertuol  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:47
Member (2007)
Italian to English
+ ...
Transit XV and WordPerfect Mar 23, 2011

Hello,
I confirm that Star Transit XV Professional and Enterprise versions have the filter for WordPerfect 5/6x/7/8/9/10.
Roberto Bertuol

robertobertuol.com

Michel A.
Member (2004)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot Mar 23, 2011

Ana and Roberto. Did one of you, or both, already used this filter?

Michel

Roberto Bertuol
Roberto Bertuol  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:47
Member (2007)
Italian to English
+ ...
Transit XV and WordPerfect filter Mar 23, 2011

Hi Michel,
I did use the filter before and worked fine. If your files have has particular or complex formatting and would like to find out if Transit handles it correctly during the import and export phase, you can send me a sample if you wish and I can test it.
Roberto Bertuol

robertobertuol.com

Ana Kardum
Ana Kardum  Identity Verified
Spain
German to Croatian
+ ...
I did not use the filter Mar 23, 2011

I did not use the filter myself, but if Roberto did, I am sure he can help you. Good luck!

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
WP <> XV <> WP Mar 24, 2011

Michel A. wrote:

Ana and Roberto. Did one of you, or both, already used this filter?

Michel

FWIW: I've used the filter once or twice, with - as usual when using filters from STAR AG - a perfect result. AMOF IMO The filters for Transit are the best in the CAT world.

HL

Olga Scharfenberg-Dmitrieva
Olga Scharfenberg-Dmitrieva
Germany
German to Russian
+ ...
yes it works Mar 31, 2011

Hi Michel,

I'm used to translate everything with Trados, but one of my long-term customers works with Word Perfect and sends me files with a very complicated formatting. Moreover, they prohibit any file conversions because of the formatting, so that till now I had to translate everything manually. For this reason I recently tested and then purchased Transit NXT. Today I completed my second large WP project and it works PERFECT!

Kind regards,
Olga

Michel A.
Member (2004)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks to all Apr 1, 2011

I think I will at first try it, then must probably buy it.

Michel

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Star Transit & WordPerfect

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »