Thread poster: Beatriz Malta
Beatriz Malta
Beatriz Malta
Brazil
Local time: 10:38
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Apr 25, 2023

I've been using SmartCat for a while now but Recently I've been trying to add new terms on my glossary but couldn't.
When I open my project and try to add by there only the source text goes to glossary, the translated target text doesn't.
Could someone help me?
---
Eu tenho usado a SmartCat a um tempo, mas recentemente eu tenho tentado adicionar termos no meu glossário sem sucesso.
Quando eu abro meu projeto e tento adicionar por lá somente o texto de partida vai
... See more
I've been using SmartCat for a while now but Recently I've been trying to add new terms on my glossary but couldn't.
When I open my project and try to add by there only the source text goes to glossary, the translated target text doesn't.
Could someone help me?
---
Eu tenho usado a SmartCat a um tempo, mas recentemente eu tenho tentado adicionar termos no meu glossário sem sucesso.
Quando eu abro meu projeto e tento adicionar por lá somente o texto de partida vai para o glossário, o texto de chegada traduzido não.
Alguém poderia me ajudar?
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 16:38
English to Russian
How do you add a term? Apr 26, 2023

Can you confirm that you have an editable glossary attached to your project? Also, what do you do step by step to add a term?
To add a term you should copy its translation first (in target segment), then you select the source term and press Ctrl+E. Your selection will be added as a source term in a new window. Put cursor into the target field in that window and paste the translation from cli
... See more
Can you confirm that you have an editable glossary attached to your project? Also, what do you do step by step to add a term?
To add a term you should copy its translation first (in target segment), then you select the source term and press Ctrl+E. Your selection will be added as a source term in a new window. Put cursor into the target field in that window and paste the translation from clipboard.
Collapse

Beatriz Malta

Beatriz Malta
Beatriz Malta
Brazil
Local time: 10:38
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for your reply Apr 27, 2023

First of all, thank you for the attention.

I did exactly as you said but that is the problem. When i open the Glossary or download it, the translation isn't there, just the term in english.

I wasn't able to put images on this message.

[Editada em 2023-04-27 02:59 GMT]

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 16:38
English to Russian
Try their support May 2, 2023

Then you may want to contact their support. Probably it somehow relates to smart words or whatever they call it...

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Problems to add new terms on glossary

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »