Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
What happened to browniz points? (Staff: they are still there)
Thread poster: expressisverbis
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 13:31
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Thomas May 5, 2023

Before this change, when I moused over my name on the site header, I could see side by side my Kudoz number and my Browniz number and now what I see is:

MY ACCOUNT & SETTINGS
Wallet: $0 KudoZ: 22,326 My Earnings: $0

I have no idea what My Earnings here is supposed to be…

[Edited at 2023-05-05 13:43 GMT]

expressisverbis

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
"Earnings" refers to ProZ*Pay earnings May 5, 2023

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida wrote:

Before this change, when I moused over my name on the site header, I could see side by side my Kudoz number and my Browniz number and now what I see is:

MY ACCOUNT & SETTINGS
Wallet: $0 KudoZ: 22,326 My Earnings: $0

I have no idea what My Earnings here is supposed to be…

[Edited at 2023-05-05 13:43 GMT]

As I explain in my previous message, Maria teresa, "Earnings" includes information about payments received through the ProZ*Pay service, https://www.proz.com/pay/account . As Thomas correctly points out, earnings are not browniz. Browniz points information will be restored to that menu shortly.

I appreciate your patience.

Lucia

expressisverbis

Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Aha May 5, 2023

Thomas T. Frost wrote:
Earnings are not browniz. I already posted the link to view your browniz earlier in this topic.

I thought the link was to your Browniz…

They’re pointless these points if you can’t use them.

What are the chances of a tie on KudoZ points and it making any difference who ranks higher?

And yes only paying members will benefit from that marginal gain anyway. Us plebs are pages down to start with.

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Browniz points are back May 5, 2023

Ice Scream wrote:

And yes only paying members will benefit from that marginal gain anyway. Us plebs are pages down to start with.

That's correct, Ice Scream. Paying members are given priority over non-members at ProZ.com, and the directory is probably the place where this is more evident since members apear first there.

For those interested in browniz points, these are showing again on the drop-down menu for those with an active balance:

Thanks again for bringing this to my attention and sorry for the inconveniences.

Have a nice weekend!

Lucia

Matthias Brombach
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Thomas T. Frost
expressisverbis

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What happened to browniz points? (Staff: they are still there)

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »