Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]
I recommend subscribing to forum threads, to keep a record of posts that might otherwise disappear!
Thread poster: Michael Beijer
Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Barbara Carrara
Barbara Carrara  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 09:16
Member (2008)
English to Italian
+ ...
What's going on? Feb 16, 2022

Can someone please explain what's going on with this thread and all those deleted posts?

expressisverbis
P.L.F. Persio
Kay Denney
Tom in London

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Barbara Feb 16, 2022

Several participants in this thread attempted to use the thread to re-open a matter of complaint that ProZ.com staff had previously closed. It concerns accusations of fake profiles. ProZ.com ruled that there is no fakery in this particular case, but these people refuse to believe it, so they re-open the issue every now and then in the various ProZ.com forums, hoping that their idea of justice will eventually be served.

Barbara Carrara
writeaway
Rachel Fell
Tom in London
P.L.F. Persio
expressisverbis
Michael Beijer

Barbara Carrara
Barbara Carrara  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2008)
English to Italian
+ ...
Thanks, Samuel Feb 16, 2022

Thanks for the explanation, Samuel.

I had started to read through the thread, turned away for a while from what appeared to be a perfectly harmless exchange, and ― kaboom! ― I missed the whole 'can of worms' moment, and a lot of posts missed and now lost forever.

I admit to being partial to a bit of friction now and then (you and I had a bit of a bicker ourselves a while back, didn't we), to balance out the lovey-dovey atmosphere we sometimes get around here.
... See more
Thanks for the explanation, Samuel.

I had started to read through the thread, turned away for a while from what appeared to be a perfectly harmless exchange, and ― kaboom! ― I missed the whole 'can of worms' moment, and a lot of posts missed and now lost forever.

I admit to being partial to a bit of friction now and then (you and I had a bit of a bicker ourselves a while back, didn't we), to balance out the lovey-dovey atmosphere we sometimes get around here.
Remember the 'too much harmony' scene from Bagdad Cafe? Or the 'Humbug!' opening scene in Blackadder's Christmas Carol? That sort of thing.
But I digress.

So, is the 'find the fakes' tournament on in earnest? I'm in!

EDITED TO ADD: I'm in, provided the said fakes are real, and this doesn't turn into a mere witch-hunting exercise.

[Edited at 2022-02-17 06:59 GMT]
Collapse

Tom in London
P.L.F. Persio
expressisverbis

Yana Dovgopol
Yana Dovgopol
Local time: 10:16
SITE STAFF
Thread locked Feb 17, 2022

Dear all,

Thank you all for your participation.

As this thread has gone off-topic, and there are currently more than ten (10) posts removed, I am locking the thread.

Please keep in mind that site users are expected to treat each other with courtesy, and are advised to act under the assumption of good faith. Harassment of, or attacks or ad hominem statements on, individuals or groups, of any form, as well as discouragement of another's use of the site, will
... See more
Dear all,

Thank you all for your participation.

As this thread has gone off-topic, and there are currently more than ten (10) posts removed, I am locking the thread.

Please keep in mind that site users are expected to treat each other with courtesy, and are advised to act under the assumption of good faith. Harassment of, or attacks or ad hominem statements on, individuals or groups, of any form, as well as discouragement of another's use of the site, will not be tolerated.

In accordance with ProZ.com #8, https://www.proz.com/siterules/general/8#8 , discussion regarding rules enforcement or administrative actions taken by moderators or site staff should be carried out solely via the site's online support system.

When a topic has been locked, the discussion may not be resumed. Discussions contained in threads locked or hidden by ProZ.com staff members or moderators should not be resumed. Posts made within such threads may not be edited once a topic has been locked.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Yana
Collapse

writeaway

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I recommend subscribing to forum threads, to keep a record of posts that might otherwise disappear!

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »