Pamela Peralta
Pamela Peralta  Identity Verified
Перу
Local time: 15:54
английский => испанский
+ ...
Mar 30, 2003

Hello there,

I need some help in finding some good dictionaries, English-Spanish / Spanish-English, to buy or to see on line. I translate mostly marine surveys, damaged fishing vessel, damaged engines etc. Also, insurance dictionaries, I\'ve been looking for insurance dictionaries for a long time, I\'ve even ordered one some time ago from Barnes and Noble, I waited for 2 months but they weren\'t able to get it for me, got my money back and everything.

P
... See more
Hello there,

I need some help in finding some good dictionaries, English-Spanish / Spanish-English, to buy or to see on line. I translate mostly marine surveys, damaged fishing vessel, damaged engines etc. Also, insurance dictionaries, I\'ve been looking for insurance dictionaries for a long time, I\'ve even ordered one some time ago from Barnes and Noble, I waited for 2 months but they weren\'t able to get it for me, got my money back and everything.

Please, can you share the names and ISBN numbers of the dictionaries that you think could help me in these areas?

Thank you in advance.

Pamela Peralta
Collapse

Magda Dziadosz
Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Польша
Local time: 22:54
Член ProZ.com c 2004
английский => польский
+ ...
Glossary Agent Mar 30, 2003

Hi Pamela,

Have you tried the Glossary Agent at http://www.insurancetranslation.com/Glossary_Agent/index.htm

\"Glossary Agent™ is a unique, annotated gateway to online monolingual, bilingual, and multilingual glossaries of interest to professionals in insurance, reinsurance, risk management, employee benefits, healthcare, and related fields such as law and fi
... See more
Hi Pamela,

Have you tried the Glossary Agent at http://www.insurancetranslation.com/Glossary_Agent/index.htm

\"Glossary Agent™ is a unique, annotated gateway to online monolingual, bilingual, and multilingual glossaries of interest to professionals in insurance, reinsurance, risk management, employee benefits, healthcare, and related fields such as law and financial services. \"

It\' a list of various glossaries (e.g. Insurance & Surety - 45; Shipping & Transportation - 25), you may find something useful for youself.

Best,

Magda

Collapse

Mónica Machado
Mónica Machado
Великобритания
Local time: 21:54
английский => португальский
+ ...
Fishing glossary Mar 30, 2003

Hello,

There is also a EU Glossary on Fishing/Equipment called \"Fishing Gear\" from English into 8 EU languages (Spanish included). ISBN: 92-825-6941-1, 1987. If you find this might be of interest, do have a look at the EU website.

Also, Grant and Cutler in London has virtually any published dictionaries on their system. You can contact them and ask for a catalogue. Upon request they will also send you a few sample pages on dictionaries/books you ask -
... See more
Hello,

There is also a EU Glossary on Fishing/Equipment called \"Fishing Gear\" from English into 8 EU languages (Spanish included). ISBN: 92-825-6941-1, 1987. If you find this might be of interest, do have a look at the EU website.

Also, Grant and Cutler in London has virtually any published dictionaries on their system. You can contact them and ask for a catalogue. Upon request they will also send you a few sample pages on dictionaries/books you ask - so you can assess the material. Have a look at http://www.grantandcutler.com/

Best regards,

Mónica

Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Модератор(ы) этого форума
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Insurance and Marine Dictionaries

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »