Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6]
Introducing AI to KudoZ: human expertise and AI combined in support of the most helpful answer
Thread poster: Lucia Leszinsky
P.L.F. Persio
P.L.F. Persio  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 19:38
Member (2010)
English to Italian
+ ...
Discombobulating Jan 18

Lingua 5B wrote:

I took the time to explain to Tom, step by step, how to use ChatGPT without exposing his phone number, which he was concerned about, to which he said: “Thanks, but no thanks.” (and I engaged in a lengthy explanation). These days however he seems to be asking various mundane questions to GPT and pasting its lengthy monotonous answers here, as if we were interested in what GPT has to say. The conclusion is: whatever tech Tom says “No” to, he is actually using it behind our backs.

It's like being in a Belle Époque French comedy, in which the flirtatious lady visits her beau's love nest, just to announce to him: Je suis venue Vous dire que je ne viendrais pas.

[Edited at 2024-01-18 15:16 GMT]

Christopher Schröder
Lingua 5B
Philip Lees
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:38
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Annoying Jan 18

P.L.F. Persio wrote:

Lingua 5B wrote:

I took the time to explain to Tom, step by step, how to use ChatGPT without exposing his phone number, which he was concerned about, to which he said: “Thanks, but no thanks.” (and I engaged in a lengthy explanation). These days however he seems to be asking various mundane questions to GPT and pasting its lengthy monotonous answers here, as if we were interested in what GPT has to say. The conclusion is: whatever tech Tom says “No” to, he is actually using it behind our backs.

It's like being in a Belle Époque French comedy, in which the flirtatious lady visits her beau's love nest, just to announce to him: Je suis venue Vous dire que je ne viendrais pas.

[Edited at 2024-01-18 15:16 GMT]

I love annoying people by never behaving the way they expect. This will continue. You will be annoyed by me into the foreseeable future. There's something about me that just gets up your nose. You wish you could just ignore me and focus on something more important.

IrinaN

P.L.F. Persio
P.L.F. Persio  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2010)
English to Italian
+ ...
Misunderstanding Jan 18

Tom in London wrote:

I love annoying people by never behaving the way they expect. This will continue. You will be annoyed by me into the foreseeable future. There's something about me that just gets up your nose. You wish you could just ignore me and focus on something more important.

Tom, I'm being serious now: not only I do not find you annoying in any way, I genuinely like you and admire you. I really am fond of you. And I'm sure I'm not the only one.

You're not a crowd-pleaser, you're your own man, you tell it like it is. In a world full of scumbags such as ... well, insert your choices, you are a beacon of integrity to me, you're smart, honourable, and kind.

Therefore, please, do continue to never behave the way we expect. Surprise me!

I was trying to be facetious, but I may just look silly. Cut me some slack, it's not easy being witty in another language.

Lingua 5B

Lingua 5B
Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
Agree with Portia Jan 18

Agree with Portia, minus the kind part. He isn’t always kind (but that’s exactly what stirs the blood). The annoying part is when he corrects uninteresting common spelling errors.

Bernhard Sulzer
Bernhard Sulzer  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:38
English to German
+ ...
Deleted Jan 18

Deleted

[Edited at 2024-01-19 13:03 GMT]

Philip Lees
Philip Lees  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 20:38
Greek to English
Back on topic Jan 21

Having strayed a little off topic, let's not forget that this discussion was supposed to be about "human expertise and AI combined in support of the most helpful answer". In that spirit, I offer this ... See more
Having strayed a little off topic, let's not forget that this discussion was supposed to be about "human expertise and AI combined in support of the most helpful answer". In that spirit, I offer this story:

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2024/jan/20/dpd-ai-chatbot-swears-calls-itself-useless-and-criticises-firm

I wonder what it would take to get ChatGPT to use foul language in its answers on KudoZ.
Collapse

P.L.F. Persio
Hans Lenting
Zea_Mays
Becca Resnik
Beatriz Ramírez de Haro
Barbara Carrara

ibz
ibz  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
For those who understand German Mar 4

Funny article about ChatGTP lying and getting lazy:
https://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/chat-gpt-macht-fehler-die-kuenstliche-intelligenz-wird-duemmer-181167345250

I like the part about ChatGTP telling a user asking for a programming code do it himself "because it's so easy"...
See more
https://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/chat-gpt-macht-fehler-die-kuenstliche-intelligenz-wird-duemmer-181167345250

I like the part about ChatGTP telling a user asking for a programming code do it himself "because it's so easy"
Collapse

Philip Lees
Zea_Mays

Philip Lees
Philip Lees  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 20:38
Greek to English
Lazy and more boring Mar 6

ibz wrote:

I like the part about ChatGTP telling a user asking for a programming code do it himself "because it's so easy"

Apparently, these AI bots are also getting less creative, as they are increasingly made to chew on their own tails.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcH7fHtqGYM

Zea_Mays

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Introducing AI to KudoZ: human expertise and AI combined in support of the most helpful answer

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »