New invoice templates available for some countries.
Thread poster: l Gaston l
l Gaston l
l Gaston l  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:07
Afrikaans to Ancient Hebrew
+ ...
Mar 22, 2010

Hi there!

During the past week, I've been creating invoice templates of different countries, basing these on the invoicing requirements of each country and the help of translators already using the invoicing system to create valid invoices.

Here they are, new invoice templates for the following countries, that can be used
... See more
Hi there!

During the past week, I've been creating invoice templates of different countries, basing these on the invoicing requirements of each country and the help of translators already using the invoicing system to create valid invoices.

Here they are, new invoice templates for the following countries, that can be used to create invoices in HTML (and PDF) using the invoicing tool.

• Spain invoice template
  • United Kingdom invoice template
  • Germany invoice template
  • Argentina invoice template

You will be able to use these templates by adding them to your invoice template settings. Just create a new template and copy/paste the html code provided in the wiki page.

Thanks to all those who have been contributing with information and suggestions during the last week, making these templates possible.

Please, feel free to add / edit any information you consider appropriate. All logged-in users can edit the wiki page just by clicking on the "edit" tab at the top of page.

Best!
    Gastón ▲ Collapse

•  
    Fernando Toledo
    Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
    Spain
    Local time: 23:07
    German to Spanish
    I don't know if I understand well Mar 22, 2010

With this tool a upload my privat invoices to Proz.com?

With names of my clients, amounts, etc?

Or can I use it to send my invoices to my clients privately, without need to upload it to a server?

Regards

Fernando

l Gaston l
    + ...
    TOPIC STARTER
    Regarding the invoicing tool and templates Mar 22, 2010

Fernando Toledo wrote:

With this tool a upload my privat invoices to Proz.com?

With names of my clients, amounts, etc?

Or can I use it to send my invoices to my clients privately, without need to upload it to a server?

Regards

Fernando

Hi Fernando,

You can use the templates for generating HTML templates (saving them as .html), so you can edit them manually and send them by email (or print them).

Regarding the invoicing tool, you have detailed information at http://www.proz.com/invoicing.

Information about data stored at ProZ.com servers, its protection and our privacy policy can be found at: http://www.proz.com/invoice/about?sp_mode=security

Fernando Toledo
    Spain
    German to Spanish
    I understand Mar 22, 2010

l Gaston l wrote:

Information about data stored at ProZ.com servers, its protection and our privacy policy can be found at: http://www.proz.com/invoice/about?sp_mode=security

That means, you (I mean the whole site staff) can not see my clients and all my privat stuff, cause my invoices are encrypted, right?

Regards

Fernando

l Gaston l
    + ...
    TOPIC STARTER
    This FAQ addres it. Mar 22, 2010

Hi Fernando,

This FAQ addresses this: http://www.proz.com/faq/4844#4844

Best regards,
    Gastón

Fernando Toledo
    Spain
    German to Spanish
    Ups! Mar 22, 2010

l Gaston l wrote:

Hi Fernando,

This FAQ addresses this: http://www.proz.com/faq/4844#4844

Best regards,
    Gastón

* ProZ.com staff have access to invoice data ...

But what happens if you get a better job tomorrow (with "you" I mean anybody that can see my private things in Proz.com)

And Proz.com is a privat company and could be sold tomorrow (who knows ), what happens with our privat information? Could be this information part of the price of the company? Isn't It scary?

It is not easier and more secure to do a simple invoice as usual like the least 100 years between provider and client? why risk a lack of information?

Sorry, not for me...

Kind regards

Fernando

Lucia Leszinsky
    Lucia Leszinsky
    SITE STAFF
    ProZ.com privacy policy Mar 22, 2010

Hello Fernando,

As ProZ.com privacy policy states, and this also applies to invoice data protection and security, if ProZ.com becomes involved in a merger, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of its assets, notice will be provided before personal information is transferred and becomes subject to a different privacy policy.

Please, find more information about the way ProZ.com treats personal information
    ... See more
    Hello Fernando,

As ProZ.com privacy policy states, and this also applies to invoice data protection and security, if ProZ.com becomes involved in a merger, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of its assets, notice will be provided before personal information is transferred and becomes subject to a different privacy policy.

Please, find more information about the way ProZ.com treats personal information collected here:

http://www.proz.com/privacy

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Lucia
    Collapse

l Gaston l
    + ...
    TOPIC STARTER
    Sharing invoice templates is now possible at the invoicing tool. Mar 29, 2010

Hi there!

I've build a feature that allows to share invoice templates among users.

A "Share" link is located next to all custom templates, allowing the owner to share it with the community, helping others issuing invoices to their clients using that template.

To see all shared invoice templat
    ... See more
    Hi there!

I've build a feature that allows to share invoice templates among users.

A "Share" link is located next to all custom templates, allowing the owner to share it with the community, helping others issuing invoices to their clients using that template.

To see all shared invoice templates click here.

If you have any comments or feedback, don't hesitate on letting me know.

Best!
    Gastón
    Collapse

Catherine GUILLIAUMET
    Catherine GUILLIAUMET  Identity Verified
    English to French
    + ...
    In memoriam
    There is a compliance problem with the new EU Directive Mar 30, 2010

Dear Gaston,
    Even if I do not use the invoicing system, I had a look at your templates, and, as I can see from the UK template (to be used for invoicing clients established in UK), there are some problems of compliance with the EU Directive implementation as from Jan 1st, 2010 :
    1) The translator's (living in another EU country) VAT number must appear
    2) The UK client's VAT number must appear
    3) The VAT must not be applied (neither calculated of course) by the translato
    ... See more
    Dear Gaston,
    Even if I do not use the invoicing system, I had a look at your templates, and, as I can see from the UK template (to be used for invoicing clients established in UK), there are some problems of compliance with the EU Directive implementation as from Jan 1st, 2010 :
    1) The translator's (living in another EU country) VAT number must appear
    2) The UK client's VAT number must appear
    3) The VAT must not be applied (neither calculated of course) by the translator.

I am aware it was a very big effort you made and I admire it, but unfortunately the result is not in accordance with Law.

Catherine

4) Sorry ! I forgot the reference to the EU Directive must appear also.

[Edited at 2010-03-30 16:41 GMT]
    Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New invoice templates available for some countries.

TM-Town
    Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
    Trados Business Manager Lite
    Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »