Katarzyna Slowikova
Katarzyna Slowikova  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:18
English to Czech
+ ...
Jul 18, 2015

Hello,
I just wanted to send a file through the Send file option and I can't upload a new file.
When I click on the Send file, in this small window there's the "Or, upload a new file:" text but no Browse button or anything which would allow to choose and upload a file. I used this option before and it seems to me there used to be a Browse button where you just chose a file on your computer, no??
So looking for a solution I clicked on See all files (in the same small window) and
... See more
Hello,
I just wanted to send a file through the Send file option and I can't upload a new file.
When I click on the Send file, in this small window there's the "Or, upload a new file:" text but no Browse button or anything which would allow to choose and upload a file. I used this option before and it seems to me there used to be a Browse button where you just chose a file on your computer, no??
So looking for a solution I clicked on See all files (in the same small window) and then in the next page, clicked on Upload a file (hoping it will then appear in the Recently uploaded in the Send file window). But alas, when I click on Upload (in the Upload file page), it does nothing.
What is wrong with it? Is something missing in my Firefox (latest version and I updated all plug ins just yesterday) or is it a problem on the website??
Thanks in advance for all advice.
Katarzyna
Collapse

Katarzyna Slowikova
Germany
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Let me rephrase my question Jul 19, 2015

Is anybody able to choose a file on their hard drive in the Send File window?
If so, how, where? Some Browse button there, whatever??
K.

Maria Kopnitsky
Maria Kopnitsky  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
Unable to replicate this problem Jul 20, 2015

Katarzyna Slowikova wrote:

Hello,
So looking for a solution I clicked on See all files (in the same small window) and then in the next page, clicked on Upload a file (hoping it will then appear in the Recently uploaded in the Send file window). But alas, when I click on Upload (in the Upload file page), it does nothing.
What is wrong with it? Is something missing in my Firefox (latest version and I updated all plug ins just yesterday) or is it a problem on the website??
Thanks in advance for all advice.
Katarzyna

Hello Katarzyna,

I tested this issue and am able to browse for a particular file and send it just fine using the latest versions of Firefox and Chrome. The "Browse" button appears to the right of the box directly under the "Please select a file" message. Would you mind taking a few screenshots of what you're seeing on the "Send file" page and submitting them via the support center? That will help me look into this.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Maria

Katarzyna Slowikova
Germany
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Done! Jul 20, 2015

My ticket is here:
http://www.proz.com/ticket/462856

Best,
Katarzyna

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't upload a file

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »