Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 06:51
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Jun 15, 2013

Firstly, thanks to everyone who played a part in arranging and/or presenting a most interesting and useful event in Porto. My 4th in-person ProZ.com conference, and definitely the best so far! I certainly had a good time and found it very worthwhile. While everything's still fresh in my mind, I'd like to note down a few things that I think would be useful for future conferences. They might be minor grumbles, but I hope they're constructive grumbles.

... See more
Firstly, thanks to everyone who played a part in arranging and/or presenting a most interesting and useful event in Porto. My 4th in-person ProZ.com conference, and definitely the best so far! I certainly had a good time and found it very worthwhile. While everything's still fresh in my mind, I'd like to note down a few things that I think would be useful for future conferences. They might be minor grumbles, but I hope they're constructive grumbles.

Automatic forum threads
I started one about the admin side of things for this conference, but it would be useful to have one set up ready. It would also be nice to have one dedicated to the more personal arrangements so we can arrange to share shuttles from airports etc. Probably a forum restricted to those who've paid would be a good idea. Maybe some people are already doing this via Facebook, but not all of us go there.

Attendees list
We have to register an interest right from the start just to be kept informed - that list reached over 300, some of whom probably decided early-on that they weren't actually going to attend. So who was actually going to be there? We never got to know that. The list used to show "registered and paid" - I don't know why that was withdrawn, but something similar would be really useful.

Personal programme
Another thing that used to be available was an indication on the programme to show which sessions we'd registered for. I can't be the only oldie who has trouble remembering what I did 5 minutes ago, and I would find it really useful to be able to print my own personal programme.

Guest dinner
Another thing that used to be easy to arrange, but now there's no mention of it. I was told that it was perfectly possible, and the same price, but it was impossible to change the quantity from 1 to 2 - I had to submit the payment request twice (potentially more expensive that way) and hope the organisers could tie them up with food choices.

In short, some minor changes to the functionality would make things much more user-friendly. I don't know why so many good things were taken away, but it would be nice to see them back.
Collapse

Maria Kopnitsky
Maria Kopnitsky  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
Thanks for your feedback Jun 17, 2013

Hello Sheila,

Thanks for attending the event, and for your suggestions.

I've added these points to the list of ideas to improve the conference interface. The ability to print a personal program, for example, as well as displaying a "registered and paid" registrants list on the conference page, were mentioned by a few attendees.

If there are other improvements you think should be made to the conference platform, I'd appreciate your input.

Thank
... See more
Hello Sheila,

Thanks for attending the event, and for your suggestions.

I've added these points to the list of ideas to improve the conference interface. The ability to print a personal program, for example, as well as displaying a "registered and paid" registrants list on the conference page, were mentioned by a few attendees.

If there are other improvements you think should be made to the conference platform, I'd appreciate your input.

Thanks again, and please let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Maria
Collapse

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 06:51
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Maria Jun 17, 2013

Glad to hear that we can hope to see even better things in the future.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Thoughts following Porto Conference, June 2013

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »