Three problems with the Proz site today
Thread poster: Lesley Clarke
Lesley Clarke
Lesley Clarke  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 09:31
Spanish to English
Jun 10, 2011

I have detected two separate problems in the term search function today. One is that it is accent specific, ie. in the example I am sending you, no term turns up for "camion de carga" and four terms turn up for camión de carga". This is seriously unhelpful as the accent in Spanish is very much abused and not everyone respects it, meaning that in a longer phrase one might have to put in half a dozen different combinations of the phrase to get an answer.

The other problem, is that I
... See more
I have detected two separate problems in the term search function today. One is that it is accent specific, ie. in the example I am sending you, no term turns up for "camion de carga" and four terms turn up for camión de carga". This is seriously unhelpful as the accent in Spanish is very much abused and not everyone respects it, meaning that in a longer phrase one might have to put in half a dozen different combinations of the phrase to get an answer.

The other problem, is that I wanted to find the word CIMO and ticked the boxes for whole word and exact phrase, but I got were words that ended in cimo, eg. décimo.

Now I have found a third. I wanted to send a support request and to upload two screen shots I made of the problems, and the upload documents feature does not work.

Is it just me?
Collapse

Lesley Clarke
Mexico
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Now I can't see this forum on my homepage... Jun 10, 2011

Is there nobody at Proz who cares? Do my problems with Proz not even merit one comment?

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 12:31
SITE STAFF
I have put in a support request in your name on the issues you mention Jun 10, 2011

Hello Lesley,

I have put in a support request in your name on the issues you mention so that support staff can look into them. I believe they are issues that are known and were being worked on already, but don't quote me on that. Regarding the threads you see on your customized version of the homepage, this will vary depending on how many forums you have chosen to show and the frequency of posts in the threads (you can control this a
... See more
Hello Lesley,

I have put in a support request in your name on the issues you mention so that support staff can look into them. I believe they are issues that are known and were being worked on already, but don't quote me on that. Regarding the threads you see on your customized version of the homepage, this will vary depending on how many forums you have chosen to show and the frequency of posts in the threads (you can control this at http://www.proz.com/profile?sp_mode=settings&sp_submode=general_settings ). Thanks for your patience.

Jared
Collapse

Lesley Clarke
Mexico
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jared Jun 11, 2011

Thanks Jared, for the response, it is nice to know there is someone out there. As for the threads, supposedly I am subscribed to this thread, but it has been a difficult week and maybe I misunderstood.

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Three problems with the Proz site today

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »