Glossary: what to do about an entry one knows to be wrong for sure?
Thread poster: Özden Arıkan
Özden Arıkan
Özden Arıkan  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:18
English to Turkish
+ ...
Nov 16, 2003

The following question was closed by the asker with a glossary entry. However, I doubt even the asker knew what s/he was doing, most probably s/he just clicked a button he saw there. The term entered does NOT exist at least in one of the languages in the pair (being my native one). And there is no moderator for the language pair concerned (Dutch>Turkish). What could be done to delete/edit this ent... See more
The following question was closed by the asker with a glossary entry. However, I doubt even the asker knew what s/he was doing, most probably s/he just clicked a button he saw there. The term entered does NOT exist at least in one of the languages in the pair (being my native one). And there is no moderator for the language pair concerned (Dutch>Turkish). What could be done to delete/edit this entry?

www.proz.com/kudoz/571088

[Edited at 2003-11-16 02:00]
Collapse

Özden Arıkan
Germany
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
One more bug Nov 16, 2003

Let's say you've made a mistake (like "what to do to do to doo bee doo") in the title of a forum posting, and edited it, and then refreshed the forum page to see your title in its edited form, a new entry is born! This happens all the time with Kudoz answers, the more times you refresh the page after adding something to your answer, the more clone-answers you get. There it's easy to hide the clones though, but maybe I thought, a correction sitewide could be possible...

Giuliana Buscaglione
Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:18
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
Please get in touch with any moderator... Nov 16, 2003

who speaks Turkish.

Hi,

I'd be glad to help you, but I don't speak any Turkish.

Giuliana

P.S. About the "clones": whenever you refresh the page, information are sent _again (at least if you use IE, I can't tell for other browsers), that's why you see the clones. Once you have edited the posting, please click only on *update post*. I normally enter the link to the KudoZ, instead of refreshing.

[Edited at 2003-1
... See more
who speaks Turkish.

Hi,

I'd be glad to help you, but I don't speak any Turkish.

Giuliana

P.S. About the "clones": whenever you refresh the page, information are sent _again (at least if you use IE, I can't tell for other browsers), that's why you see the clones. Once you have edited the posting, please click only on *update post*. I normally enter the link to the KudoZ, instead of refreshing.

[Edited at 2003-11-16 07:51]

[Edited at 2003-11-16 07:51]
Collapse

Özden Arıkan
Germany
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Giuliana Nov 16, 2003

for your help. I will write to the Turkish moderator. And next time I make an addition I will get away from that page as fastly as possible

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Glossary: what to do about an entry one knows to be wrong for sure?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »