Rowan Morrell
Rowan Morrell  Identity Verified
New Zealand
Local time: 19:28
Member (2003)
French to English
+ ...
Jul 15, 2003

Is it just my computer, or has the ProZ site font changed?

The font has been Verdana, I think, but right now everything is being displayed in Times New Roman.

This has happened occasionally before, but usually when I refresh my browser (Internet Explorer 6.1), the site reverts to the Verdana font and normal design.

Apart from the Times New Roman font (which in some instances is very hard to read), the site has a kind of "bare bones" look about it that it do
... See more
Is it just my computer, or has the ProZ site font changed?

The font has been Verdana, I think, but right now everything is being displayed in Times New Roman.

This has happened occasionally before, but usually when I refresh my browser (Internet Explorer 6.1), the site reverts to the Verdana font and normal design.

Apart from the Times New Roman font (which in some instances is very hard to read), the site has a kind of "bare bones" look about it that it doesn't have in Verdana mode. A lot of the colours have disappeared, and some of the buttons have turned into ordinary hyperlinks.

Does anyone know why this is happening? Is it some sort of hiccup in the ProZ site or a compatibility problem with Internet Explorer?

Thanks for any light you can shed on this.

Best Regards

ROWAN MORRELL
(WriteWord Translations)
Collapse

Rowan Morrell
Rowan Morrell  Identity Verified
New Zealand
Local time: 19:28
Member (2003)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Funny ... Jul 15, 2003

... Now it's all back to normal.

So maybe it is just my computer. But I'd still be interested to know why this seems to happen at times, and whether it is in fact happening to anyone else here.

Best Regards

ROWAN.

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 03:28
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
You're not alone Jul 15, 2003

We're at least two.
I also have from time to time font changes and light changes of color.
I also have (and yesterday more than usual) error messages saying that the page is not available, but going back and starting again or refreshing makes everything be OK again.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:28
English to German
+ ...
Web connection seems to be the problem Jul 16, 2003

This happens to me rarely, but occasionally - if the web connection is choppy (not necessarily at your end, but somewhere along the line between the ProZ.com servers and your connection), the formatting information isn't properly transferred, forcing your browser to revert to standard font definitions.

Best regards, Ralf

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 03:28
SITE STAFF
Sounds like you didn't get the stylesheet Jul 19, 2003

Many of ProZ.com's fonts and colors are defined in a stylesheet that is downloaded separately from the page you are viewing. This allows us to separate out a large chunk of data that is the same every time so that browsers can cache it, speeding up page load times.

If your network path to the ProZ.com server is experiencing intermittent problems, as Ralf noted, and you don't have the stylesheet cached, you may retrieve the page but be unable to retrieve the stylesheet, which woul
... See more
Many of ProZ.com's fonts and colors are defined in a stylesheet that is downloaded separately from the page you are viewing. This allows us to separate out a large chunk of data that is the same every time so that browsers can cache it, speeding up page load times.

If your network path to the ProZ.com server is experiencing intermittent problems, as Ralf noted, and you don't have the stylesheet cached, you may retrieve the page but be unable to retrieve the stylesheet, which would cause this problem. Hitting reload will probably fix it.

Unfortunately, there's not much we can do about problems on other networks, and I think the tradeoff of faster page loads is worth this occasional issue.

Regards,

jg
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Change of Site Font?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »