Pagine:   < [1 2 3]
Poll: Are you in the process of learning a new language?
Iniziatore argomento: ProZ.com Staff
Elisabeth Fournier
Elisabeth Fournier  Identity Verified
Spagna
Local time: 03:11
Membro (2008)
Da Spagnolo a Francese
+ ...
Icelandic Oct 15, 2007

I'm spending a year in reykjavik, refreshing english and learning icelandic, at beginner level

elen_d
elen_d
Da Inglese a Francese
+ ...
Portuguese and Russian Oct 15, 2007

I have been waiting for so long to have enough time to start learning these languages, now I have this time and I profit from it!

This is my second year of Portuguese and my first months of Russian: my knowledges in Spanish and my ancent Greek help me but still, I am not done yet !

Fabiana Papastefani-Pezzoni
Fabiana Papastefani-Pezzoni  Identity Verified
Albania
Membro (2003)
Da Inglese a Albanese
+ ...
Russian Oct 15, 2007

Been here in Kiev for four years now and I regret I did not start before. With my husbands job, we are never sure how long we stay in a country, so I decided not to do this attempt to learn a not-so-easy language. I am very tempted though, and have already a meeting tomorrow with a teacher.

Fingers crossed, Fabiana

Kumud Verma
Kumud Verma  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 06:41
Da Inglese a Hindi
+ ...
Trying to learn Multani Oct 15, 2007

I am searching those people who know this language.

M. Anna Kańduła
M. Anna Kańduła  Identity Verified
Regno Unito
Local time: 02:11
Da Inglese a Polacco
Yes Oct 15, 2007

Cantonese

Anni

Patricia Prevost
Patricia Prevost  Identity Verified
Spagna
Da Inglese a Spagnolo
+ ...
Basque Oct 15, 2007

A difficult but beautiful language!

Angela Dickson (X)
Angela Dickson (X)  Identity Verified
Regno Unito
Da Francese a Inglese
+ ...
German, Russian Oct 15, 2007

I'd like to add German as a working language in the next few years - learnt it until I was 18 and then picked it up at university-level evening classes over the past two years. I don't feel I've made much progress though, so am considering doing one of the Goethe-Institut intensive courses soon.

I did a year's worth of beginner's Russian at evening classes a few years ago, and loved it. If I have the time to do another language for fun, I'll do more Russian.

Deschant
Deschant
No Oct 15, 2007

I wanted to start a new language this september, Chinese, Hindi and Serbocroatian being the strongest candidates. However, as it happens, I already have 4 source languages to maintain (which is not always easy) and have not much time left at the moment, so I guess those new languages will have to wait. I don't plan to include them as working languages in the near future though, it's just the challenge of learning something different to what I've been learning to date.

Regards,
... See more
I wanted to start a new language this september, Chinese, Hindi and Serbocroatian being the strongest candidates. However, as it happens, I already have 4 source languages to maintain (which is not always easy) and have not much time left at the moment, so I guess those new languages will have to wait. I don't plan to include them as working languages in the near future though, it's just the challenge of learning something different to what I've been learning to date.

Regards,
Eva

[Editado a las 2007-10-15 09:47]
Collapse

bishan sharma
bishan sharma  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:41
Da Inglese a Giapponese
+ ...
It is none other than the language of beauty-French Oct 16, 2007

ProZ.com Staff wrote:

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "Are you in the process of learning a new language?".

This poll was originally submitted by polsKArina

View the poll here

A forum topic will appear each time a new poll is run. For more information, see: http://proz.com/topic/33629

Well, it was a wishful thinking of my spouse to learn French. But being unable to do so I am just trying to put my feet into her shoes. But really wish to see the beauty of this language, as the people quote, from my own personal experiences.

Bishan

Stefan Boxhorn
Stefan Boxhorn  Identity Verified
Germania
Da Inglese a Tedesco
+ ...
Italian Feb 18, 2008

I am learning Italian because my partner is Italian.

As I already know Spanish and French and some Catalan, learning Italian is fairly easy for me.

Although I understand almost everything, I am still to shy to speak...

So we are basically having conversations in which one party speaks Italian and one replies in English...

Anders Warnqvist
Anders Warnqvist  Identity Verified
Svezia
Da Inglese a Svedese
+ ...
Russian and Finnish Aug 7, 2009

I have learned Russian for a few years, but I don't translate from Russian professionally yet. I do look forward to in though, there aren't that many Russian-Swedish translators.

I'm also learning Finnish, since my girlfriend is Finnish. Finnish-Swedish translation will be fun, and there is a high demand for it in Finland.

Later I really want to learn another Slavic language, and maybe another Nordic one... There's no end to the possibilities!

Pagine:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderatore(i) di questo Forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Are you in the process of learning a new language?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »