yanadeni (X)
yanadeni (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 09:34
French to Russian
+ ...
Feb 26, 2012

Hello everybody,

Could you please help me to draw a list of issues to ignore when you do the linguistic testing of the software you've translated.

For example, in French in general there should be a space before colon and semi-colon. However, in software sometimes the colon can come from another segment, and the previous segment can't end with a space. So such an issue could be ignored because it's minor and could bring more functional issues when corrected.
... See more
Hello everybody,

Could you please help me to draw a list of issues to ignore when you do the linguistic testing of the software you've translated.

For example, in French in general there should be a space before colon and semi-colon. However, in software sometimes the colon can come from another segment, and the previous segment can't end with a space. So such an issue could be ignored because it's minor and could bring more functional issues when corrected.

However, our reviewers always flag them. I have to prepare a list of the issues to ignore.
I need information in all the popular languages: FR, DE, IT, ES, JP, ZHS, NL, EL, RU etc...

Any feedback from people with experience in software linguistic testing will be welcome.

Thank you!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

List of issues to ignore during software linguistic testing

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »