research survey on software localization and development of international software
Thread poster: mressin
Jan 31, 2012

Hello everybody,

My apologies, I hope it's ok to post this here.

My name is Malte Ressin, I'm a PhD student at the University of West London. My thesis is about software localisation and the development of international software, i.e. the interplay of development and localisation, challenges in interoperation of these two areas, and the impact of processes, infrastructure and interdisciplinary collaboration on cost, effort and quality.

For my research, I ha
... See more
Hello everybody,

My apologies, I hope it's ok to post this here.

My name is Malte Ressin, I'm a PhD student at the University of West London. My thesis is about software localisation and the development of international software, i.e. the interplay of development and localisation, challenges in interoperation of these two areas, and the impact of processes, infrastructure and interdisciplinary collaboration on cost, effort and quality.

For my research, I have developed a survey for which I am still looking for participants. The survey aims at professionals of different roles (e.g. translators, software engineers, UI designers, project managers etc.) who have worked on international software. It takes about 15 to 20 minutes to complete and can be found at the following URL:

http://samsa.uwl.ac.uk/locdevsurvey/survey.html

I'd be very grateful if you could participate. Feel free to distribute the link to colleagues and/or business partners. Participants will receive a copy of the research results if desired. All information will be treated anonymously and confidentially and be used for this research only.

If you have questions, comments or feedback, please don't hesitate to contact me at locdevresearch at uwl.ac.uk.

Thank you very much, yours
Malte
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

research survey on software localization and development of international software

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »