Alchemy Catalyst 9.0 Review
Thread poster: ichibanmike
ichibanmike
ichibanmike
Local time: 14:45
Japanese to English
Nov 2, 2011

Hi,

Does anyone know where I could get a review of Alchemy Catalyst 9.0?

We are considering using it to translate software strings in software for large machinery most likely written in C++ or C sharp. But we also translate many Excel, Word, and Powerpoint (Office 2003 format) files from Japanese to English, and it would be nice if it could be used to translate those too.

Currently we use Teamworks 2008 and SDL Trados 2007 Suite to translate these Office
... See more
Hi,

Does anyone know where I could get a review of Alchemy Catalyst 9.0?

We are considering using it to translate software strings in software for large machinery most likely written in C++ or C sharp. But we also translate many Excel, Word, and Powerpoint (Office 2003 format) files from Japanese to English, and it would be nice if it could be used to translate those too.

Currently we use Teamworks 2008 and SDL Trados 2007 Suite to translate these Office 2003 files. I'm not sure how useful a tool like Alchemy Catalyst 9.0, however, which is primarily used to translate software strings, would be at translating them.

Any opinions on the merits of the product by someone using it would also be appreciated.

Thanks!

Mike Holland
Collapse

Drew MacFadyen
Drew MacFadyen  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:45
Spanish to English
+ ...
Free trial Nov 3, 2011

Alchemy CATALYST offers free downloads/trials at http://www.alchemysoftware.ie/downloads/downloads.html

I know that is not a review, but perhaps you can try it out and see if it suits your needs.

Regards,

Drew

ichibanmike
ichibanmike
Local time: 14:45
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
RE Alchemy Feb 2, 2012

Hi Drew,

Thanks for your help.

We ultimately decided not to go with Alchemy, but they seem to have a good product from what I was able to see, particularly if you translate software strings, although you can also use the tool to translate text in other formats.

Thanks again,

Mike Holland

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Alchemy Catalyst 9.0 Review

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »