Anyone here ever use mygengo's String? Any concern about confidentiality?
Thread poster: Ade Indarta
Ade Indarta
Ade Indarta  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 20:26
Member (2007)
English to Indonesian
Jan 21, 2011

Hi guys,

Anyone here ever use mygengo's String? (http://mygengo.com/string/about) It's a online translation collaboration tool. Any concern about confidentiality?

Thanks,
Ade

[Edited at 2011-01-21 01:51 GMT]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2011-01-21 12:26 GMT]

chirish
chirish
Local time: 22:26
myGengo's String -- You are in control of your privacy settings Feb 2, 2011

Hey Ade,

Great question, I have used myGengo's String a few times now to translate multilingual websites and while it is still prone to a few bugs, I thought it was a great tool — much more efficient than exchanging excel and word docs via email. As far as confidentiality goes, haven't really had any issues. As the project admin, I am free to determine which users I invite to the project, and I can also set specific permissions for each user. Only if you choose to make your projec
... See more
Hey Ade,

Great question, I have used myGengo's String a few times now to translate multilingual websites and while it is still prone to a few bugs, I thought it was a great tool — much more efficient than exchanging excel and word docs via email. As far as confidentiality goes, haven't really had any issues. As the project admin, I am free to determine which users I invite to the project, and I can also set specific permissions for each user. Only if you choose to make your project public, does it get shown to the general project.

Hope this helps!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Anyone here ever use mygengo's String? Any concern about confidentiality?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »