Thread poster: Andrea Garfield-Barkworth
Andrea Garfield-Barkworth
Andrea Garfield-Barkworth  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:19
Member (2015)
German to English
May 23, 2016

I have had a number of requests for interpreting servies but as far as I am aware I hadn't actually offered these. Since the last request mentioned that I was on the list of interpretors, I checked and my name does appear.

How exactly can I alter my profile to remove the interpreting service as I can still only see translation/editing/proofreading next to my name?

Andrea Muller (X)
Andrea Muller (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:19
English to German
+ ...
Bug? May 23, 2016

I am only listed as a translator, but like you my name comes up when carrying out a search for interpreters. Don't think I ever got any interpreting offers though.

Germany
Member (2015)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
I think it may be in the category listing for account type May 23, 2016

Somewhere or other you can select the option for "I am a translator and/or interpreter with no option to delete interpreter.

Loreta Saddi
Loreta Saddi  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:19
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Send a Support Request May 23, 2016

Send an email to Support. They will help you with that. It's easier than posting here..

http://www.proz.com/support?mode=ask&sp_sub_mode=ticket_submit

Germany
Member (2015)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Loreta but May 23, 2016

I started the support request process but it would seem it is the directory itself that is the problem.

Translators and interpreters are lumped together in the same directory and I suppose it is up to the client to then vet the individual's profile to see if they do actually offer that service.

Seems a little odd as the client can specifically target interpreters in the search field but the results are not filtered. Guess I have to put up with slightly disgruntled repl
... See more
I started the support request process but it would seem it is the directory itself that is the problem.

Translators and interpreters are lumped together in the same directory and I suppose it is up to the client to then vet the individual's profile to see if they do actually offer that service.

Seems a little odd as the client can specifically target interpreters in the search field but the results are not filtered. Guess I have to put up with slightly disgruntled replies to my rejecting their requests.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Removing interpreting services from profile

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »