Aniko E
Aniko E
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:40
English to Hungarian
Sep 23, 2013

Hi guys,

I would be interested in your thoughts.
Is it worth registering with the NRPSI (£198) or should one opt for ciol membership (£112 for associate/£124 for member minus 15%discount) or should it be both?
The way I see it is that it is an investment - but in the current climate, would one get a good return?
From what I have seen and heard, the general rates of pay are fairly low, whilst these fees are not cheap, and memberships need to be renewed annually
... See more
Hi guys,

I would be interested in your thoughts.
Is it worth registering with the NRPSI (£198) or should one opt for ciol membership (£112 for associate/£124 for member minus 15%discount) or should it be both?
The way I see it is that it is an investment - but in the current climate, would one get a good return?
From what I have seen and heard, the general rates of pay are fairly low, whilst these fees are not cheap, and memberships need to be renewed annually...
How necessary are they for court/police/other public sector work?

I am a newly qualified Hungarian interpreter (Dpsi Law) and would like to combine English as a foreign language teaching with interpretation and translation.

Thanks for sharing your experiences with me, much appreciated.

Aniko
Collapse

Mark Thompson
Mark Thompson  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 05:40
Portuguese to English
Welcome to ProZ.com Sep 23, 2013

Hi Aniko,

Just a short note to welcome you to the ProZ.com workplace, and indeed the forum.

I hope you find the advice and guidance you're looking for - it's a great place to exchange ideas and give colleagues in the profession a helping hand.

If you need any advice or assistance on using the site, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Best wishes,

Mark

Aniko E
Aniko E
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:40
English to Hungarian
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Mark Sep 23, 2013

Thanks, Mark. Very kind of you.
Aniko

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

NRPSI REGISTRATION / CIOL MEMBERSHIP

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »