DPSI-a couple of questions
Thread poster: Laura_lau
Laura_lau
Laura_lau
Italy
Local time: 11:35
Jul 23, 2013

Hello everyone,
my name is Laura, and since I'm planning of taking a Dpsi preparatory course I've basically read every single topic in the forum about the diploma.
However, I have a couple of questions for all of you who attended the course.

First thing first: I know that DPSI is a Diploma, and it's somehow like an undergraduate degree, but everyone seems to have taken it after getting some university qualification, as a postgraduate degree. I haven't got any degree, can
... See more
Hello everyone,
my name is Laura, and since I'm planning of taking a Dpsi preparatory course I've basically read every single topic in the forum about the diploma.
However, I have a couple of questions for all of you who attended the course.

First thing first: I know that DPSI is a Diploma, and it's somehow like an undergraduate degree, but everyone seems to have taken it after getting some university qualification, as a postgraduate degree. I haven't got any degree, can I take it? Do you think it will be a good enough qualification for working?

And secondly, is there anyone who took the preparatory course at London Metropolitan? I'm having an entry test/interview in a few days and I'm quite terrified I might not pass. Is it difficult?

Thanks to anyone who'll read this and anwer me.

Laura
Collapse

Camelia Colnic
Camelia Colnic  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:35
Romanian to English
+ ...
Community Interpreting Jul 23, 2013

You can take DPSI if you want, but you can start with Community Interpreting courses and then go up to DPSI, if you feel more confident. It's more about the money and how confident you are feeling about it.

DPSI and MET Test is an advanced level of interpreting. You can check on IoL website some sample papers on both of them I think.

The decision is yours!

Mark Thompson
Mark Thompson  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 06:35
Portuguese to English
Welcome to ProZ.com Aug 14, 2013

Hi Laura!

Welcome to the forum, and indeed to ProZ.com.

I realise it's been a while since you started this topic, but as one of the moderators of this forum I'd like you to know that if you need any help with site or forum use, you can contact me anytime.

All the very best,

Mark Thompson

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DPSI-a couple of questions

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »