Audra deFalco (X)
Audra deFalco (X)
United States
Local time: 18:42
Italian to English
+ ...
Apr 1, 2013

Hi all,

I'm wondering if you all can help me. I'm looking to brush up on my interpreting skills in Spanish > English (I currently interpret Italian / English and translate Spanish > English) and am seeking a certificate course anywhere in Europe (taught in English). I would also be interested in knowing if a program like this exists for French > English.

It doesn't have to be a degree--just a "refresher" of sorts that is actually worth the price.

Thanks!... See more
Hi all,

I'm wondering if you all can help me. I'm looking to brush up on my interpreting skills in Spanish > English (I currently interpret Italian / English and translate Spanish > English) and am seeking a certificate course anywhere in Europe (taught in English). I would also be interested in knowing if a program like this exists for French > English.

It doesn't have to be a degree--just a "refresher" of sorts that is actually worth the price.

Thanks!

[Edited at 2013-04-01 19:58 GMT]
Collapse

xxxLively Wo (X)
xxxLively Wo (X)  Identity Verified
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
Simultaneous and consecutive interpreting course in Madrid, Spain May 6, 2013

Hi Sognatrice,

Since the language pair you are looking for involves Spanish and you don't necessarily want a university degree program, in Spain you can do a simultaneous and consecutive interpreting course at Estudio Sampere in Madrid.

The course is a full academic year from October to June and is 3 hours/once a week. It is taught in Spanish 3 out of the 4 times a month. However, once a month it is with an English native interpreter/professor and the course is taugh
... See more
Hi Sognatrice,

Since the language pair you are looking for involves Spanish and you don't necessarily want a university degree program, in Spain you can do a simultaneous and consecutive interpreting course at Estudio Sampere in Madrid.

The course is a full academic year from October to June and is 3 hours/once a week. It is taught in Spanish 3 out of the 4 times a month. However, once a month it is with an English native interpreter/professor and the course is taught in English.

I don't know of any interpreting courses in Spain that are taught only in English.

I had a great experience with Sampere, the teachers are well prepared and offer practical classes using relevant current events and topics. The technology and material is also quite good.

They also offer shorter specialized courses in summer.

Here is a link to their website:
http://www.sampere.edu.es/index.php/interpretacion-simultanea-consecutiva

I hope this helps.
Collapse

Audra deFalco (X)
Audra deFalco (X)
United States
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! May 6, 2013

This is perfect! Exactly what I was looking for.

I'm having trouble finding their shorter summer courses but only got a chance to give the website a quick glance. Will take the time to sit down and have a better look later.

Again, many thanks.

xxxLively Wo (X)
xxxLively Wo (X)  Identity Verified
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
Courses from July 1 to 26 2013 in Madrid, Spain May 30, 2013

Hi Sognatrice,

Sorry for my late reply, the courses for this summer in interpreting at Sampere are from the 1st to 26th of July.

I personally think the website is quite confusing and they don't put all of the information out in the open, you have to write an email to them to get prices, etc.

Here is a link to their facebook page with a little more info: <
... See more
Hi Sognatrice,

Sorry for my late reply, the courses for this summer in interpreting at Sampere are from the 1st to 26th of July.

I personally think the website is quite confusing and they don't put all of the information out in the open, you have to write an email to them to get prices, etc.

Here is a link to their facebook page with a little more info:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=381085722008193&set=a.340244152759017.78565.286367041480062&type=1&relevant_count=1

I hope this helps.

Best of luck in whatever you decide to do!
Collapse

John Farebrother
John Farebrother  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
Further south Jun 3, 2013

http://www.ull-mic.com/pages/retour.html

I've heard this is a very good course, in Tenerife

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Year long (or shorter) interpreting courses in Europe - suggestions needed

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »