Thread poster: Susanna Garcia
Susanna Garcia
Susanna Garcia  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:15
Italian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Feb 18, 2013

We usually spend a lot of time slagging off agencies here, but I'd actually like to say something very nice about them.

I've recently had some devastating health news and have had to inform the agencies I work for due to the impact on my availability. I have been absolutely taken aback by their reaction, the kindness, offers of support and just being there as friends, not people who just feed me work.

So, a big thank you, and it means such a lot to know that you’re c
... See more
We usually spend a lot of time slagging off agencies here, but I'd actually like to say something very nice about them.

I've recently had some devastating health news and have had to inform the agencies I work for due to the impact on my availability. I have been absolutely taken aback by their reaction, the kindness, offers of support and just being there as friends, not people who just feed me work.

So, a big thank you, and it means such a lot to know that you’re considered as a person.

Suzi

Not sure if this is right forum
Collapse

sofiahenrika (X)
sofiahenrika (X)  Identity Verified
Finland
English to Swedish
+ ...
thanks for sharing Feb 18, 2013

Hi Suzi,

sorry about your news.

Just wanted to say thank you for sharing this, it brightened my Monday morning.

All the best,
Sofia

Spencer Allman
Spencer Allman
United Kingdom
Finnish to English
Sorry to hear your bad news Feb 18, 2013

Some agencies are good

There are just far too many of them, I think

Take care

Vadim Kadyrov
Vadim Kadyrov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 16:15
English to Russian
+ ...
I believe Feb 18, 2013

Susanna Garcia wrote:

So, a big thank you, and it means such a lot to know that you’re considered as a person.

Suzi

Not sure if this is right forum

You can name the agency this time.

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 15:15
English to Czech
+ ...
Get well soon! Feb 18, 2013

Susanna Garcia wrote:
I've recently had some devastating health news...

Dear Suzi,
the main thing now is that you get well again. Remember, being positive may be half of the treatment success. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Kay Denney
Kay Denney  Identity Verified
France
French to English
Best of luck Feb 18, 2013

I wish you a speedy and full recovery!

BTW If you name the agencies they might just be inundated with CVs from Prozians though, whereas they actually need to be protected, we don't want their kindness to be worn away nor for cheaper translators to take work from you at this point in time.

(Just send me the names by way of a private message hi hi)

Nataliia Gorina
Nataliia Gorina  Identity Verified
Ukraine
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
Best wishes for your recovery! Feb 18, 2013

Dear Suzi,
Have faith and stay strong!

Christine Andersen
Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
Some agencies are like that Feb 18, 2013

Thank goodness!

Take care, and all good wishes for your recovery, and more supportive people along the way.

Wolfgang Vogt
Wolfgang Vogt  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 10:15
English to German
+ ...
- Feb 18, 2013

Hi Suzie,

sorry to hear that, get well soon!

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Thanks for sharing Feb 18, 2013

Get well soon and speedy recovery!

Teresa

Magdalena Altieri
Magdalena Altieri
Argentina
Member (2010)
Italian to Spanish
+ ...
They fortunately exist! Feb 18, 2013

There are quite a few like this, and I have the honour to work for them...
Best luck for your recovery and we all should keep in mind that we are, first of all, human beings, and then, translators!
(And I don't think that being concerned about personal life of your translators, colleagues and collaborators is lack of professionality, as some would think... just all the other way round!).

Michelle Kusuda
Michelle Kusuda  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:15
English to Spanish
+ ...
Hope you make a full recovery! Feb 18, 2013

How kind of you to also sing their praises at a time where you need the most support!

I don't personally know you, but you will be in my prayers. I hope you make a full recovery!

Hugs,

Michelle

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

In praise of (certain) translation agencies

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »