Newbie resume
Thread poster: Maria Knorr
Maria Knorr
Maria Knorr
Local time: 16:31
English
+ ...
Sep 5, 2002

I\'ve had a number of people ask me for my translating resume and I am not sure what to do because even though I\'ve had little jobs, I definately don\'t have enough for a resume.

Can someone please suggest what to do?

Thank you

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:31
English to German
+ ...
Be open about it Sep 5, 2002

You should add the little jobs you\'ve done, but be open about the fact that you\'re at the beginning of your translating career. No point trying to show experience you don\'t have as yet - but make sure the client is aware of your expertise.

Els Hoefman
Els Hoefman  Identity Verified
English to Dutch
+ ...
Include anything remotely to do with translating Sep 5, 2002

Include anything remotely to do with translating and your interest in languages, e.g. interest in literature, any writing done in your spare time, projects during your training... Once you have that on paper, you will find that you actually have lots more experience than you yourself think!

Maria Rosich Andreu
Maria Rosich Andreu  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2003)
Dutch to Spanish
+ ...
the first cv Nov 15, 2002

Lisse is right! 2,5 years ago I had to make my first cv and I had hardly any professional experience, but I had followed courses and been interested in languages since age 16, and I also had done a lot of traveling in the countries of my source languages, so all of that went into a first cv draft ... and it came out longer than expected!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Newbie resume

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »