Thread poster: Lamine Boukabour
Lamine Boukabour
Lamine Boukabour  Identity Verified
Algeria
Local time: 22:41
Member (2022)
English to Arabic
May 30, 2021

I have some Babylon's bdc files and want to convert them to bgl files so I can use them in my GoldenDic. Do you have any idea to do so?
Thank you!

[Edited at 2021-05-30 22:58 GMT]

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 23:41
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Lamine May 31, 2021

Lamine Boukabour wrote:
I have some Babylon's bdc files and want to convert them to bgl files so I can use them in my GoldenDic.

I googled for this and found that some people say that pyglossary works for it, while others claim that pyglossary doesn't work for it. Have you tried pyglossary yet (and/or do you have the technical expertise to try it)?

https://github.com/ilius/pyglossary

Lamine Boukabour
Algeria
Member (2022)
English to Arabic
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Samuel May 31, 2021

Samuel Murray wrote:

Lamine Boukabour wrote:
I have some Babylon's bdc files and want to convert them to bgl files so I can use them in my GoldenDic.

I googled for this and found that some people say that pyglossary works for it, while others claim that pyglossary doesn't work for it. Have you tried pyglossary yet (and/or do you have the technical expertise to try it)?

https://github.com/ilius/pyglossary

I have not tried it before. I've just downloaded it but not found an executable file to install it. I'm using Windows by the way.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 23:41
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Lamine May 31, 2021

I tried it and... it would seem that the latest version does not support BDC as an input format.

Lamine Boukabour
Algeria
Member (2022)
English to Arabic
TOPIC STARTER
@Samuel May 31, 2021

Samuel Murray wrote:

I tried it and... it would seem that the latest version does not support BDC as an input format.

It's okay. I appreciate your effort to help me.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to convert bdc files to bgl files to be read by GoldenDict

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »