How to use Apple Translate in CafeTran Espresso
Thread poster: Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Mar 9

I wanted to create a macro that would allow me to use Apple Translate in CafeTran Espresso. I discovered that this can be achieved by creating a Shortcut.

What’s a shortcut?
A shortcut is a quick way to get one or more tasks done with your apps. The Shortcuts app lets you create your own shortcuts with multiple steps. For example, build a “Surf Time” shortcut that grabs the surf report, gives an ETA to the beach, and launches your surf music playlist.

What
... See more
I wanted to create a macro that would allow me to use Apple Translate in CafeTran Espresso. I discovered that this can be achieved by creating a Shortcut.

What’s a shortcut?
A shortcut is a quick way to get one or more tasks done with your apps. The Shortcuts app lets you create your own shortcuts with multiple steps. For example, build a “Surf Time” shortcut that grabs the surf report, gives an ETA to the beach, and launches your surf music playlist.

What’s an action?
An action—the building block of a shortcut—is a single step in a task. Mix and match actions to create shortcuts that interact with the apps and content on your Apple devices, as well as with content and services on the internet. Each shortcut is made up of one or more actions.

There are two ways to display the translation suggestion: as a Notification or via the clipboard viewer.

The translation can be inserted in the Target Editor via CMD+V.

Apple_Translate_Demo

Full size image: https://tinyurl.com/ytvm2zza
Collapse

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Sticky note Mar 11

Here I use a Sticky to display Apple Translate's suggestion:
Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 11.22.54

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Free and offline Mar 11

If I'm not mistaken, Apple Translate is free and can be used offline, for working at Vatnajökull or in Bialowieza.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to use Apple Translate in CafeTran Espresso

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »