Thread poster: Natalia Ulla
Natalia Ulla
Natalia Ulla  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 00:45
English to Spanish
Jul 22, 2021

Hi
I became a PLUS member and downloaded CafeTran Expresso from the link at "Plus benefits": https://www.proz.com/about-plus-package

I wanted to add a Glossary to a project, so I went to Glossary>>Add Glossary and I got a pop up message asking me to purchase the full license, with a link to the CafeTran website where you can buy it for €200.

After, I closed the p
... See more
Hi
I became a PLUS member and downloaded CafeTran Expresso from the link at "Plus benefits": https://www.proz.com/about-plus-package

I wanted to add a Glossary to a project, so I went to Glossary>>Add Glossary and I got a pop up message asking me to purchase the full license, with a link to the CafeTran website where you can buy it for €200.

After, I closed the pop up window and my glossary was there but it looks all weird (I had created it with SDL TRADOS Studio 2021) - see image.

cafetrans glossary error

So, three questions:

- 1) Is the CafeTran Expreso offered by Proz for PLUS members not a FULL LICENSE?
- 2) How can I see the glossary properly and use it?
- 3) Can I use the TM and Glossaries I created and populated over the years on TRADOS on CafeTran or is this going to be a problem (I don't think I can let all of it go!)

I am a SDL TRADOS long-time user (10+ years) and I am currently finishing the Studio 2021 Free trial and since I became a PLUS member here, I wanted to transition into CafeTran (I do not want to pay +$400 for the TRADOS license), but I am finding the transition quite hard.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Gracias

Natalia

[Edited at 2021-07-22 11:02 GMT]
Collapse

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Baby steps Jul 22, 2021

Natalia Ulla wrote:

Did you follow the steps described here: https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/6000158973-signing-in-to-proz-com-account ?

- 1) Is the CafeTran Expreso offered by Proz for PLUS members not a FULL LICENSE?
- 2) How can I see the glossary properly and use it?
- 3) Can I use the TM and Glossaries I created and populated over the years on TRADOS on CafeTran or is this going to be a problem (I don't think I can let all of it go!)

1. It is.
2. What extension does your Trados glossary have? Is it a text file or a Multiterm database?
3. TMs: sure. Trados 'Glossaries': we'll have to identify the file format first.

[Edited at 2021-07-22 13:11 GMT]

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Import Multiterm termbase Jul 22, 2021

After having a second look at your screenshot (the 'Jet DB' pointed me in the right direction), I can give you these instructions:

• In the View menu, enable the Memory menu.
  • In the Memory menu, choose 'Import SDLTB database'.

Natalia Ulla

Natalia Ulla
Natalia Ulla  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 00:45
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks so much Hans Jul 22, 2021

Thank you so much for your comments and taking the time to look at this for me.

It really helped me in both cases: The glossary was the wrong format and the "Signing in to ProZ" page helped too.

You are a star.

All best and thanks again

Natalia

Tom in London

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

CafeTrans (Downloaded as part of PLUS benefits) asks to buy FULL license

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »