Eliza Ariadni Kalfa
Eliza Ariadni Kalfa  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:45
Member (2012)
Greek to English
+ ...
Jun 16, 2021

I usually have no issues importing SDLPPX packages into CafeTran and exporting them as Trados return packages. However, this is what I'm getting this time. Any idea what the client can do on their end or what I can do on mine? I just imported it as usual and language settings are the correct ones.

Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 00.28.43

Jean Dimitriadis
Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Extract package? Jun 17, 2021

Hi Eliza,

Rename (if needed) the SDLPPX to ZIP and extract its contents.

Enable the multiple documents project
option in the Dashboard menu and drag and drop the folder containing the SDLXLIFFs.

Does this work?

In that case, you will use the Finalize button in the end and send the SDLXLIFF files to the client.

If the SDLPPX contains an SDLTB and/or SDLTM, import them into Cafetran as well.

---

If t
... See more
Hi Eliza,

Rename (if needed) the SDLPPX to ZIP and extract its contents.

Enable the multiple documents project
option in the Dashboard menu and drag and drop the folder containing the SDLXLIFFs.

Does this work?

In that case, you will use the Finalize button in the end and send the SDLXLIFF files to the client.

If the SDLPPX contains an SDLTB and/or SDLTM, import them into Cafetran as well.

---

If this does not work, ask the customer to create the project again, making sure to go through all the steps.

You may also open a support ticket attaching the file, so that the developer can have a look.

Jean
Collapse

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Not unpacked Jun 17, 2021

The PK in the first segment indicates that the package hasn’t been unpacked correctly. Perhaps it’s corrupt? Perhaps an incorrect file format has been selected?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Imported SDLPPX package shows up as squiggles

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »