Inez Ulrich  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:39
Member (2016)
English to German
+ ...
Jun 8, 2021

Hi all,

so, in my search for an affordable CAT that can handle Trados packages, I finally tried Cafetran today. I had a really small package for testing and the client could import my return package, however, it says: status of the segments appears as "unspecified".
Can anybody help with this?

Also, how are segments confirmed? I read about an "OK" box, but I cannot find it. I'm aware that I have to do quite a lot of research for this CAT, but such things should be
... See more
Hi all,

so, in my search for an affordable CAT that can handle Trados packages, I finally tried Cafetran today. I had a really small package for testing and the client could import my return package, however, it says: status of the segments appears as "unspecified".
Can anybody help with this?

Also, how are segments confirmed? I read about an "OK" box, but I cannot find it. I'm aware that I have to do quite a lot of research for this CAT, but such things should be obvious when using the CAT, I think.

Thanks for helping!!
Collapse

Jean Dimitriadis
Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Pointers Jun 8, 2021

First, please run the Tags check QA step (in the QA menu).

It is mandatory for External files.

Second, can you try pressing the Finalize button? It should ask you if you want to set the status to Translated (this is actually in Trados, the status is Checked in CafeTran).

Then try exporting a Return package again.

For some additional information, you can read the Trados section (and the note abou
... See more

Second, can you try pressing the Finalize button? It should ask you if you want to set the status to Translated (this is actually in Trados, the status is Checked in CafeTran).

For some additional information, you can read the Trados section (and the note about bilingual External files just above):
https://github.com/idimitriadis0/TheCafeTranFiles/wiki/4-File-formats#sdl-trados-studio
Collapse

Inez Ulrich
Germany
Member (2016)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
... Jun 8, 2021

Jean Dimitriadis wrote:

For some additional information, you can read the Trados section (and the note about bilingual External files just above):
https://github.com/idimitriadis0/TheCafeTranFiles/wiki/4-File-formats#sdl-trados-studio

Hi Jean, thanks for your reply! I did the Tags check, but don't see any Finalize button. I was able to export to return package, but I suppose this is where the problem lies. So, where do I find this finalize button, please?

Jean Dimitriadis
Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Finalize button Jun 8, 2021

It replaces the Export button for External projects.

You can see a screenshot here:
https://github.com/idimitriadis0/TheCafeTranFiles/wiki/2-Menu-and-Interface#13-main-translation-interface

Edit: in the example, the button can be found on the top left. But it can be elsewhere depending on interface c
... See more
It replaces the Export button for External projects.

You can see a screenshot here:
https://github.com/idimitriadis0/TheCafeTranFiles/wiki/2-Menu-and-Interface#13-main-translation-interface

Edit: in the example, the button can be found on the top left. But it can be elsewhere depending on interface customizations.

Edit2: You can also apply a specific status via the Task menu. Apply the Checked status in that case.

"Translated" segments in SDL Trados get the "Checked" status in CafeTran (gray background in segments, plus simple gray background in segment number) and vice versa. This is the status segments get when you press the Finalize button in CafeTran.

[Edited at 2021-06-08 12:35 GMT]
Collapse

Inez Ulrich
Germany
Member (2016)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot! Jun 8, 2021

Oh gosh, now I have found it - sometimes I'm really a bit blind! Thanks again so much!

Jean Dimitriadis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados return package - status of the segments appears as "unspecified"

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »