Thread poster: Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
May 26, 2018

demo

Here is a macro to create alternative source terms that have upper case letters after a dash (Bindestrich). You'll have to insert the dashes manually.

Macro

The result in the Term editor:

term-editor

Note that the last alternative isn't generated automatically, yet. (I'll add that later.)

Edit:

• I noticed that if the source term is taken from the source text and contains upper case letters after dashes (like Binde-Strich), the upper case letter isn't converted to lower case correctly, when removing the dash. I'll fix that.
  • I think that I'll allow for insertion of a double dash, to indicate that an extra form has to be generated: Produkt-zuführ--menge generates Produkt-Zuführ-Menge and Produkt-Zuführmenge.

[Edited at 2018-05-26 10:05 GMT]

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Improved version May 27, 2018

Here is the improved version:

Macro

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Create Binde-Strich alternatives

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »