Ziad Marzouka
Ziad Marzouka  Identity Verified
瑞士
Local time: 04:57
English英语译成Arabic阿拉伯语
+ ...
Apr 13, 2006

Hello,

My work doesn't require the use of TagEditor a lot, but I have used it more than once in the past and I had no problems at all. But now I am translating some webpages from English into Arabic. and the translated text appears all mixed up! first of all the alignment appears to be from left to right, and second if there's an English word in the middle of the Arabic text, all the text appears mixed up. I don't have much experience with this program so I would really appreciate
... See more
Hello,

My work doesn't require the use of TagEditor a lot, but I have used it more than once in the past and I had no problems at all. But now I am translating some webpages from English into Arabic. and the translated text appears all mixed up! first of all the alignment appears to be from left to right, and second if there's an English word in the middle of the Arabic text, all the text appears mixed up. I don't have much experience with this program so I would really appreciate any help. Thanks very much!

Ziad
Collapse

Stephen Franke
Stephen Franke
美国
Local time: 19:57
English英语译成Arabic阿拉伯语
+ ...
Right-to-Left (RTL) Drivers missing? Apr 13, 2006

Greetings... taHaiya Tayyiba wa b3ad...

Based on your description of the reversed display of characters, your Tag Editor seems to be missing Right-to-Left (RTL) drivers needed to support display of RTL Arabic text properly in that direction.

You might visit the website of the manufacturer of Tag Editor and query about the availability of such RTL drivers, as that application apparently does not detect or connect/link with the RTL drivers already installed inside your MS
... See more
Greetings... taHaiya Tayyiba wa b3ad...

Based on your description of the reversed display of characters, your Tag Editor seems to be missing Right-to-Left (RTL) drivers needed to support display of RTL Arabic text properly in that direction.

You might visit the website of the manufacturer of Tag Editor and query about the availability of such RTL drivers, as that application apparently does not detect or connect/link with the RTL drivers already installed inside your MS Windows operating systems (assuming your PC uses MS Windows 2000 or XP).

Curious about how many of the several TM and MT products do support RTL display of cursive text such as Arabic, Persian, Kurdish, Urdu and the like.

Hope this helps.

Khair, in shaa' Allah.

Regards,

Stephen H. Franke
San Pedro, California
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor and Arabic

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »