Emilie Delcourt
Emilie Delcourt  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:03
Member (2021)
English
+ ...
Sep 26, 2023

The time has come to bite the bullet and make a website showcasing my services, etc. Been putting this off as I don't feel I have a very good eye for social media, branding, blah blah, etc, etc. But! Time has come. Do any of you have any recommendations of the best website building tool?? (i.e. Squarespace, Wix, etc.) Squarespace has very beautiful-looking templates etc, but I would also like something that has an easy, intuitive backend, so I can easily add new work, new courses (I also teach w... See more
The time has come to bite the bullet and make a website showcasing my services, etc. Been putting this off as I don't feel I have a very good eye for social media, branding, blah blah, etc, etc. But! Time has come. Do any of you have any recommendations of the best website building tool?? (i.e. Squarespace, Wix, etc.) Squarespace has very beautiful-looking templates etc, but I would also like something that has an easy, intuitive backend, so I can easily add new work, new courses (I also teach writing), etc. And of course, don't want to break the bank. THANK YOU!Collapse

Mr. Satan (X)
Mr. Satan (X)
English to Indonesian
An Interesting Title Sep 26, 2023

WordPress?

Recep Kurt

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 13:03
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Emilie Sep 26, 2023

It all depends on what you need and want to offer on your website. When I decided to build mine in 1998, I didn’t do it myself, but paid someone knowledgeable and experienced to do it for me. I can’t remember exactly how much it cost but it should have been in the 750-1,000 EUR range including designing, developing, building, logo and domain name registration as well as translation into EN, FR, ES, IT and DE. Website hosting costs me 30 EUR each year.

Philippe Etienne

Milan Condak
Milan Condak  Identity Verified
English to Czech
Odoo Sep 27, 2023

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida wrote:

... translation into EN, FR, ES, IT and DE. Website hosting costs me 30 EUR each year.

You can try Odoo for free

https://www.odoo.com/app/website
-
4. 3. 2022 Odoo Tutorials =videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUuJS0kqvBY

In this video, learn how to create a website from scratch using Odoo's website configurator.

Learn everything you need to grow your business with Odoo, the best open-source management software to run a company, at https://www.odoo.com/slides/website-25 .

Milan
Odoo Evangelist

[Edited at 2023-09-27 09:18 GMT]

Emilie Delcourt
Mr. Satan (X)

Emilie Delcourt
Emilie Delcourt  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2021)
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for sharing! Sep 27, 2023

I've just checked out Odoo and it looks very interesting! Thank you for taking the time to reply to me. This community continues to seriously come through. Thank you, it seems like it's just what I was looking for/ hoping for.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Best website building tool

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »