Ronnie J Rigdon
Ronnie J Rigdon  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:30
Member (2014)
French to English
Oct 30, 2018

Hello all!

I have a number of social media accounts to promote myself including Google Plus. It doesn't seem that G+ is all that popular as a social media outlet and I just read an article that says that they are going to shut down G+ for the general public but maintain it for small businesses. (So instead of a "Facebook" clone, it'll be a "LinkedIn" clone.)

My question to anyone who cares to answer is would it worth the time and effort to maintain a G+ page or cut it
... See more
Hello all!

I have a number of social media accounts to promote myself including Google Plus. It doesn't seem that G+ is all that popular as a social media outlet and I just read an article that says that they are going to shut down G+ for the general public but maintain it for small businesses. (So instead of a "Facebook" clone, it'll be a "LinkedIn" clone.)

My question to anyone who cares to answer is would it worth the time and effort to maintain a G+ page or cut it like dead wood?
Collapse

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: empty post
Lincoln Hui
Lincoln Hui  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 18:30
Chinese to English
+ ...
Google Plus Oct 31, 2018

Katalin Szilárd wrote:

Ronnie J Rigdon wrote:

Hello all!

My question to anyone who cares to answer is would it worth the time and effort to maintain a G+ page or cut it like dead wood?

Hi Ronnie,

Abut 2 weeks ago I read an article that Google Plus would be shut down.
You can read more here:

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3311468/google-plus/google-plus-shutting-down-exposed-data.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/08/technology/google-plus-security-disclosure.html

https://www.adweek.com/digital/google-plus-is-shutting-down-after-exposing-user-data/

Bests,
Katalin

Maybe you missed to read what he wrote.

Back to the original topic, Google+ never did anything while it was alive, it's certainly not going to do anything once it's dead.

María Paula Gorgone

Katalin Szilárd
Katalin Szilárd  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 12:30
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Overlooking Oct 31, 2018

Lincoln Hui wrote:

Maybe you missed to read what he wrote.
Back to the original topic, Google+ never did anything while it was alive, it's certainly not going to do anything once it's dead.

You are right, Lincoln.
It seems I overlooked that sentence part of Ronnie...

[Edited at 2018-10-31 08:02 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is Google Plus worth holding on to?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »