Tabidze, "Zazdravny tost", English translation
Thread poster: M_S (X)
M_S (X)
M_S (X)
English to Russian
Feb 11, 2009

Does anyone by any chance have a book with an English translation of (see subj.)? I don't actually know if an English translation exists, but I'm asking just in case. And if by miracle someone does have a tome with a published translation, I am writing in hopes that this someone also have a scanner and can scan and send me the text. To make sure you understand what poem exactly is concerned, here is a couple of lines in Russian
Привыкли мы видеть во все времена<
... See more
Does anyone by any chance have a book with an English translation of (see subj.)? I don't actually know if an English translation exists, but I'm asking just in case. And if by miracle someone does have a tome with a published translation, I am writing in hopes that this someone also have a scanner and can scan and send me the text. To make sure you understand what poem exactly is concerned, here is a couple of lines in Russian
Привыкли мы видеть во все времена
Нико Пиросмани за дружеским пиром,
Искать его сердце в бокале вина –
Затем, что одним мы помазаны миром.

I am translating from Russian into English an article where this poem is quoted, but I am not a translator of poetry, and not of Georgian poetry anyway. The client knows about it, so the agreement is that either I find a good English translation (to be quoted mentioning the translator's name of course) or make a rough translation from the Russian myself.

Many thanks.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tabidze, "Zazdravny tost", English translation

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »