Olaf Reibedanz  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 13:49
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Jun 8, 2023

Hi everybody,

I just got the 30 day trial version of DeepL Pro.

I want to connect DeepL with Déjà Vu X, so I open Déjà Vu and go to File > Options > Machine Translation > DeepL Options

And then I paste the API Key into the corresponding field:

Screenshot 1_DVX_DeepL API

Then I create a new project and try to pretranslate, with the "Machine translation" option activated:

Screenshot 2_DVX_Pretranslate

But it is not working. Any idea why?

Best,

Olaf

[Edited at 2023-06-08 22:16 GMT]

[Edited at 2023-06-08 22:17 GMT]

Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:49
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
"Assemble from portions" Jun 8, 2023

(your second screenshot):

There you need to tick under "Assemble from portions" the option "Use Machine Translation". That's so far the difference between your settings there and my settings. Perhaps you need to tick a relevant setting elsewhere because the above option is already ticked in grey colour in my pane and cannot be taken away.

Matthias Brombach
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Did you... Jun 9, 2023

...finally succeed?

Matthias Brombach
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
I don't expect... Jun 13, 2023

...to be a member of your team or any other advantage from my help. A simple "thank you" or "No, I did not succeed" would be enough.

Olaf Reibedanz
Colombia
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Jul 2, 2023

Hi Matthias,

Thanks for your messages and sorry for the late reply.

Unfortunately, I have been unable to solve the issue.

I will contact Atril support and see if they can help.

Best,

Olaf

Matthias Brombach

finnword1
finnword1
United States
Local time: 14:49
English to Finnish
+ ...
My DeepL quit Jul 4, 2023

I have been using DeepL with DVX3 since last October without any problems. Now, all of the sudden, it quit. DeepL tech support is telling me: "Due to internal policies, we have to decline your request to enter into a contract with us and are therefore unable to offer you a subscription to DeepL Pro."
When asked what the reason is, they give me an evasive runaround.

Olaf Reibedanz
Colombia
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It's working now Jul 4, 2023

That's very weird. Could it have to do with the type of DeepL licence/plan you have? Maybe they changed their policy in this regard?

In my case, it's working now. I contacted Atril's support yesterday, and they sent me this link:
<
... See more
That's very weird. Could it have to do with the type of DeepL licence/plan you have? Maybe they changed their policy in this regard?

In my case, it's working now. I contacted Atril's support yesterday, and they sent me this link:

https://helpdesk.atril.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014033019-DeepL-does-not-work-correctly-in-Déjà-Vu

I followed that procedure, and it's now running smoothly
Collapse

finnword1
finnword1
United States
English to Finnish
+ ...
We'll see what happens Jul 4, 2023

The DeepL tech support guy who apparently gave me wrong information, is on vacation (hopefully a long one) and someone else is looking into the matter.

Matthias Brombach
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Did you... Jul 4, 2023

finnword1 wrote:

I have been using DeepL with DVX3 since last October without any problems. Now, all of the sudden, it quit. DeepL tech support is telling me: "Due to internal policies, we have to decline your request to enter into a contract with us and are therefore unable to offer you a subscription to DeepL Pro."
When asked what the reason is, they give me an evasive runaround.

...perhaps subscribe repeatedly and under different names for the free test period? Maybe DeepL does not accept that for a long time and they caught you by your IP address. I think Michael B. had the same experience in one of the other proz forums.

finnword1
finnword1
United States
English to Finnish
+ ...
Working! Jul 4, 2023

The first tech support guy didn't know what he was doing, but the second (lady) did. Just like in medical care, sometimes it's good to get a second opinion.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Deepl API not working in Déjà Vu X

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »