Shahid Mahmood
Shahid Mahmood
India
Local time: 16:45
English to Hindi
+ ...
May 18

BEWARE! BE AWARE!
Dear all, please read the following story, I myself the victim of this.
I receive an email “(I hope this email finds you well. My name is Roy Petros, and I am reaching out to you from Los Angeles, California. I am currently employed as a top project supervisor at Inkwell Press Publications, a reputable organization known for excellence in various aspects of publishing.
I recently came across your contact information on TranslatorDirectory, a platform that
... See more
BEWARE! BE AWARE!
Dear all, please read the following story, I myself the victim of this.
I receive an email “(I hope this email finds you well. My name is Roy Petros, and I am reaching out to you from Los Angeles, California. I am currently employed as a top project supervisor at Inkwell Press Publications, a reputable organization known for excellence in various aspects of publishing.
I recently came across your contact information on TranslatorDirectory, a platform that we hold in high regard. As we are currently seeking highly skilled freelancers who can provide translation and proofreading services to give a final polish to a document that is soon to be published. We would like to inquire about your availability and interest in taking on a new translation project with (InkwellPressPublications.com). Your expertise and skills would be a valuable addition to our team, and we believe that your contributions would greatly benefit our ongoing and upcoming projects. If you are open to discussing this opportunity further, please let us know your availability for a follow-up discussion. We would be happy to provide more details about the project and answer any questions you may have regarding the collaboration. Thank you for considering this opportunity with us. We look forward to the possibility of working together and leveraging your talents for our mutual success.)”
He wanted to get a report about 30,000 words on Women's Health Agenda translated into Urdu. He sent me pdf of project along with guidelines. When I finished the project and sent him they appreciate me and gave me an email [email protected] and told me to send at this. I sent the project to the email provided, then they sent me a link www.oakmadok.org and told me to create an account on given website then contact any Mr. David James https://t.me/Davidj1231 on telegram, after creating an account I contact Mr. David they debited amount on oakmadok quickly.
But the real game begins here. When I tried to withdraw money, I found out that it was a fake website. When I clicked on withdraw asked to provide IBT code, I contacted David for the code they asked me $250 for this. I tried for wire transfer there is first and mandatory dropdown ‘select the bank’ but that list is empty.
The purpose of this detailed discussion is that scammers have now started targeting freelancers, so we all need to be careful.
Collapse

Igor Galiouk
Dalia Nour
Nadeem Khan
karen cantin
Abdulbary Hreiz
Khairuddin Ayubzai
Montasser Mahmoud

Dler Piran
Dler Piran  Identity Verified
Iraq
Local time: 14:15
Member (2023)
English to Kurdish
+ ...
I have received a similar email a while ago May 20

A while ago, I received a very similar email from some Maha Khaled from Middle East Gates. Honestly, I didn't reply to her because I was was very doubtful about the authenticity of the offer.
This is the email.
https://res.cloudinary.com/proz/image/upload/v1716191391/ovpivyfbkej5dtgbhreb.jpg

Igor Galiouk
Shahid Mahmood
Montasser Mahmoud
Gebreamlak Desta

langstrait
langstrait
India
Local time: 16:45
Chinese to English
+ ...
I also got scammed by Inkwell publications May 21

This was the email I received. I worked hard.
Emails associated: [email protected]; [email protected]
Dear, Dr. Mohammad Jilani

I hope this email finds you well. My name is Roy Petros, and I am reaching out to you from Los Angeles, California. I am currently employed as a top project supervisor at Inkwell Press Publications,
... See more
This was the email I received. I worked hard.
Emails associated: [email protected]; [email protected]
Dear, Dr. Mohammad Jilani

I hope this email finds you well. My name is Roy Petros, and I am reaching out to you from Los Angeles, California. I am currently employed as a top project supervisor at Inkwell Press Publications, a reputable organization known for excellence in various aspects of publishing.

I recently came across your contact information on TranslatorDirectory, a platform that we hold in high regard. As we are currently seeking highly skilled freelancers who can provide translation and proofreading services to give a final polish to a document that is soon to be published.

We would like to inquire about your availability and interest in taking on a new translation project with (InkwellPressPublications.com). Your expertise and skills would be a valuable addition to our team, and we believe that your contributions would greatly benefit our ongoing and upcoming projects.

If you are open to discussing this opportunity further, please let us know your availability for a follow-up discussion. We would be happy to provide more details about the project and answer any questions you may have regarding the collaboration.

Thank you for considering this opportunity with us. We look forward to the possibility of working together and leveraging your talents for our mutual success.
Collapse

Shahid Mahmood
Montasser Mahmoud

Alexander Slyzhov
Alexander Slyzhov  Identity Verified
Armenia
Local time: 15:15
Member (2014)
English to Russian
Got this scam in my email too May 22

The email is quite the same. Here is some contact info that got into my inbox:

Name: Anderson James
Email: [email protected]

Telegram: @Anderjames0933
Skype ID: live:.cid.759e0ff37e4c22e6

Best regards,
Anderson James
Project Supervisor, Inkwellpresspublicat
... See more
The email is quite the same. Here is some contact info that got into my inbox:

Name: Anderson James

Best regards,
Anderson James
Project Supervisor, Inkwellpresspublications.
Collapse

Shahid Mahmood
Grace Pan
Khairuddin Ayubzai
Montasser Mahmoud
Ramzan Nizam
Cesar Morales

Grigory Subbotin
Grigory Subbotin  Identity Verified
Türkiye
English to Russian
Got same scam from Anderson James May 23

Yesterday I received same message from Anderson James, who insists that he is top project supervisor at Inkwell:

I hope this email finds you well. My name is Anderson James, and I am reaching out to you from Los Angeles, California. I am currently employed as a top project supervisor at Inkwellpresspublication , a reputable organization known for excellence in various aspects of publishing.

I recently came across your contact information on TranslatorDirectory, a platfo
... See more
Yesterday I received same message from Anderson James, who insists that he is top project supervisor at Inkwell:

I hope this email finds you well. My name is Anderson James, and I am reaching out to you from Los Angeles, California. I am currently employed as a top project supervisor at Inkwellpresspublication , a reputable organization known for excellence in various aspects of publishing.

I recently came across your contact information on TranslatorDirectory, a platform that we hold in high regard. As we are currently seeking highly skilled freelancers who can provide translation and proofreading services to give a final polish to a document that is soon to be published.

We would like to inquire about your availability and interest in taking on a new translation project with Inkwellpresspublication (https://inkwellpresspublications.com/) Your expertise and skills would be a valuable addition to our team, and we believe that your contributions would greatly benefit our ongoing and upcoming projects.

If you are open to discussing this opportunity further, please let us know your availability for a follow-up discussion. We would be happy to provide more details about the project and answer any questions you may have regarding the collaboration.

Thank you for considering this opportunity with us. We look forward to the possibility of working together and leveraging your talents for our mutual success. You can utilize the following link to reach out to me:

Best regards,
Anderson James
Project Supervisor, Inkwellpresspublications

I believe that it is the same sort of scam...
Be aware of cooperating with him.
Collapse

Shahid Mahmood
Grace Pan
Khairuddin Ayubzai
Montasser Mahmoud
Ramzan Nizam
Cesar Morales

Khairuddin Ayubzai
Khairuddin Ayubzai  Identity Verified
Afghanistan
Local time: 15:45
Member (2021)
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
Scammer with the same agenda impersonating Inkwell Press Publications! May 27

Thanks a lot for all the information. I have just received the same email with similar trap.

"I hope this email finds you well. My name is Anderson James, and I am reaching out to you from Los Angeles, California. I am currently employed as a top project supervisor at Inkwellpresspublication , a reputable organization known for excellence in various aspects of publishing.

I recently came across your contact information on TranslatorDirectory, a platform that we hold in
... See more
Thanks a lot for all the information. I have just received the same email with similar trap.

"I hope this email finds you well. My name is Anderson James, and I am reaching out to you from Los Angeles, California. I am currently employed as a top project supervisor at Inkwellpresspublication , a reputable organization known for excellence in various aspects of publishing.

We would like to inquire about your availability and interest in taking on a new translation project with Inkwellpresspublication (https://inkwellpresspublications.com/) Your expertise and skills would be a valuable addition to our team, and we believe that your contributions would greatly benefit our ongoing and upcoming projects.

Thank you for considering this opportunity with us. We look forward to the possibility of working together and leveraging your talents for our mutual success. You can utilize the following link to reach out to me:

Best regards,
Anderson James
Project Supervisor, Inkwellpresspublications."

Please be aware that this is a scam!!
Collapse

Montasser Mahmoud
Ramzan Nizam
Cesar Morales

Montasser Mahmoud
Montasser Mahmoud
Egypt
English to Arabic
+ ...
Beware of Phishing Email from "Anderson James" May 28

I want to alert you about a possible phishing attempt I received from someone claiming to be Anderson James, representing Inkwellpresspublications. The email requested personal information and a deposit, which raised red flags for me.

Please exercise caution and avoid engaging with this individual or providing any sensitive information.

Stay vigilant,

Rustam Shafikov
Ramzan Nizam
Cesar Morales

Cesar Morales
Cesar Morales  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 05:15
Member (2017)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Scamed too... May 30

I think I have been scamed too.

Anderson James
To:[email protected]
Tue, May 14, 2024

"Dear CeSAR,

I recentl
... See more
I think I have been scamed too.

Anderson James
To:[email protected]
Tue, May 14, 2024

"Dear CeSAR,

Best regards,
Anderson James"

No NDA, a very strange contract form.

Sent the translation, and got an email from Inkwell:

To:C
Tue, May 28 at 12:34 PM
Dear, Cesar

We are pleased to provide you with access to our payment portal. Kindly click on the link below and create a wallet on the portal. This will enable us to initiate the payment to your wallet, which can then be withdrawn to your local bank account.

Oakmadokholdings.org

Should you have any questions or concerns regarding this process, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. Our team is readily available to provide any assistance you may require.

Best regards

Inkwell Press Publications

Then I got asked contact David James on telegram to receive help to create a "Wallet" in Oakmadokholdings.org
I did, and this David, asks me if I have recieved payment, "if so, you can directly withdraw the money"

2024-05-30_12h12_02

But it turns out, you have to buy an IBT Code for 250USD that is needed to transfer the money to a real bank account. They will be reinbursed he says...

2024-05-30_11h38_45

I am pretty sure this is a SCAM, and I will never see payment.

But has anyone gone through the entire process?
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

BEWARE of scammer impersonating Inkwell Press Publications

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »