Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 16:03
English to German
+ ...
May 3, 2021

Hi
in the eventuality that I renew my WFP6 license that expired in October 2020, does the renewal run from the date of renewal or from the date the license expired?
TIA
Wolfgang

XtS
XtS
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Renewal (3 years) starts with the date of purchase May 3, 2021

As far as I know (the last time I checked), the renewal starts with the date of purchase and is 3 years.
I think MemoQ is the only "developer" that handles this differently, where you pay for time not used.

Wolfgang Schoene
France
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Renewal (3 years) starts with the date of purchase May 3, 2021

XtS wrote:

As far as I know (the last time I checked), the renewal starts with the date of purchase and is 3 years.
I think MemoQ is the only "developer" that handles this differently, where you pay for time not used.

Thanks XtS, that's exactly the reason for me asking. On the other hand, you can use MemoQ after the licence has expired, but you cannot update anymore.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Wolfgang May 3, 2021

Wolfgang Schoene wrote:
in the eventuality that I renew my WFP6 license that expired in October 2020, does the renewal run from the date of renewal or from the date the license expired?

I'm guessing from the date of renewal. That's my guess. After all, you are allowed to keep using WFP/WFC after it expired. I suspect the "renewal" fee is really just a 50% discount for previous owners. But I'm guessing.
https://www.wordfast.net/?go=agreement

Wolfgang Schoene
France
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Samuel May 3, 2021

Samuel Murray wrote:

Wolfgang Schoene wrote:

I'm guessing from the date of renewal. That's my guess. After all, you are allowed to keep using WFP/WFC after it expired. I suspect the "renewal" fee is really just a 50% discount for previous owners. But I'm guessing.
https://www.wordfast.net/?go=agreement

Thanks Samuel, my guess would be "it runs from the renewal date", too, but I want to be sure.
Someone with insider knowledge, John...?

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
From renewal date May 3, 2021

Wolfgang Schoene wrote:

my guess would be "it runs from the renewal date"

Yes, from the date you renew. If your license expired 5 years ago and you decide to renew today, your renewal lasts three years from today.

Best,
John

Wolfgang Schoene
France
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@John May 3, 2021

John Di Rico wrote:

Wolfgang Schoene wrote:

Yes, from the date you renew. If your license expired 5 years ago and you decide to renew today, your renewal lasts three years from today.

Best,
John

Wolfgang Schoene
France
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@John May 3, 2021

Wolfgang Schoene wrote:

John Di Rico wrote:

Wolfgang Schoene wrote:

Best,
John

Merci, John

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Renewal of WFP5 now 6

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »