Lamine Boukabour
Lamine Boukabour  Identity Verified
Algeria
Local time: 11:58
Member (2022)
English to Arabic
Apr 25, 2021

Hello,

This technical issue sometimes occurs when I try to add a file (DOCX or PDF) to be translated by WFP version 5.6.0.
Have you ever come across this problem and where does it lay according to your experience?

While I tried to add this file, the following message appeared:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: E:\Videos\Scientific\Translation\CAT_Tools\WF\WF_Pro_5\My_Projects\My_Proj_WF5_AR_EN_2020_09_22\en-US\txlf\تلوث �
... See more
Hello,

This technical issue sometimes occurs when I try to add a file (DOCX or PDF) to be translated by WFP version 5.6.0.
Have you ever come across this problem and where does it lay according to your experience?

While I tried to add this file, the following message appeared:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: E:\Videos\Scientific\Translation\CAT_Tools\WF\WF_Pro_5\My_Projects\My_Proj_WF5_AR_EN_2020_09_22\en-US\txlf\تلوث الهواء يقتل 7 ملايين إنسان سنويًا.docx.txlf (The system cannot find the path specified)    E:\Videos\Scientific\Translation\CAT_Tools\WF\WF_Pro_5\My_Projects\My_Proj_WF5_AR_EN_2020_09_22\source\تلوث الهواء يقتل 7 ملايين إنسان سنويًا.docx

Thank you

[img]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kfgK5KDZbGDRYJY1BzkpKwCFyhaDQPbO/view?usp=sharing[/img]

[Edited at 2021-04-25 19:14 GMT]

[Edited at 2021-04-25 19:25 GMT]
Collapse

Stefan Stefanov
Stefan Stefanov  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 12:58
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Try renaming the file to Latin letters May 3, 2021

Did you try renaming the source file to only use Latin letters, not Arabic script? Sometimes this can cause problems.

And did you resolve the problem? If yes – how? Other users might benefit from your experience.

[Edited at 2021-05-03 21:49 GMT]

Jorge Payan

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Long file name? May 4, 2021

Lamine Boukabour wrote:
(The system cannot find the path specified)

I get a similar error message if the path is too long. However, if you put such a file inside a new folder and then add the folder to WFP6, then it accepts it.

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
E drive? May 4, 2021

Are you saving this to a flash drive (E:\)? If so, it won't work. I forget the technical explanation, but Wordfast files and assets should not be saved on USB keys or external drives. There might be a way to get around this limitation if the drive is formatted a particular way, but you'll have to contact tech support to find out.

Out of curiosity, why are you using version 5.6? Why not upgrade to the latest version or at least to 5.8 if you need a 32-bit version?

Lamine Boukabour
Algeria
Member (2022)
English to Arabic
TOPIC STARTER
None of that worked, I only created a new project May 22, 2021

Stefan Stefanov wrote:

Did you try renaming the source file to only use Latin letters, not Arabic script? Sometimes this can cause problems.

And did you resolve the problem? If yes – how? Other users might benefit from your experience.

[Edited at 2021-05-03 21:49 GMT]

Yes, I did, but without success. Creating a new project fixed the issue.
Thanks @Stefan.

Lamine Boukabour
Algeria
Member (2022)
English to Arabic
TOPIC STARTER
Creating a new project fixed the issue May 22, 2021

@Samuel and John, thank you for the suggestions, none of that worked so I tried to create a new project from the outset. The good news is the issue was fixed!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Adding a Word file to WFP 5.6.0 failed

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »